AME for consult in Denver area

Y

ymous

Any recommendations for an AME who will do a consult (vs "live exam") in the Denver area?

Thanks -

No clue. I know which one won’t do it, but I’ll not eat a word here because maybe I’ll have to use them someday. LOL.

They also won’t do anything with BasicMed.

I know someone who wanted an AME to do BasicMed who went all the way to PUB and is the type who probably made all the phone calls.

Not that you need an AME for BasicMed but this person had their reasons.

Never tried for a consult. Dunno. Can tell you which seem reasonable. Doesn't mean they will pass you.

I will say this. It’s the rare AME around here who ascribes to @bbchien ‘s philosophy of being willing to work for and with the patient first before involving FAA and having the answer and the paperwork to demand a yes answer from OKC on the phone.

I’d happily pay Bruce for a consult than trust ANY of the AMEs around here to do that. YMMV in other cities.

Reading Bruce’s writings over the years educated me that there’s a better way to deal with the bureaucracy than the vast majority of AMEs are willing to do.

Finding a good PCP or even a good dentist is a royal PITA in this overgrown cowtown. My dentist retired a while back and I loathe dental visits. I have a line on a new one but I hate switching dentists. Ugh.

I will say this. It’s the rare AME around here who ascribes to @bbchien ‘s philosophy of being willing to work for and with the patient first before involving FAA and having the answer and the paperwork to demand a yes answer from OKC on the phone.

I’d happily pay Bruce for a consult than trust ANY of the AMEs around here to do that. YMMV in other cities.

Reading Bruce’s writings over the years educated me that there’s a better way to deal with the bureaucracy than the vast majority of AMEs are willing to do.

Finding a good PCP or even a good dentist is a royal PITA in this overgrown cowtown. My dentist retired a while back and I loathe dental visits. I have a line on a new one but I hate switching dentists. Ugh.
This is true. Denver medical care is not care at all. It's all about insurance.

Any recommendations for an AME who will do a consult (vs "live exam") in the Denver area?

Thanks -
Just off Peoria, south of Arapahoe on the north side of KAPA.
John Harris
Address: 12150 E Briarwood Ave #105, Centennial, CO 80112
Phone: (303) 790-1999

No need for the MedXpress at this point. Just a consult. I think the consult was $90 last fall. We went over everything including previous SI & current meds. Gave me a list of things I needed from my GP. I went ahead and scheduled the official appointment knowing I'd have the ducks in order and filled out MedXpress. Also reminded me NOT to push the button on MedXpress until he said push the button on the official appt.

Then after some research, I went BasicMed. But I did call and explain, he was fine with it.

I don't know if he does consults, but Wayne Peters was my AME when I lived there. He's acSenior AME and saved my medical from a potentially long delay in a Special Issuance some years ago. So you might give his office a call and ask.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back