Amazon continues to kill brick and mortar...

Yeah it they don't have to actually WORK properly like the bank ones do. They're decorative. We all check out automatically these days without signing anything.
Checkout is automatic but it seems like I sign something every time I check into a hotel. Usually initial things too.

Our guest bathroom is stocked with the better quality hotel soaps and shampoos.
I nearly Never use them when I travel. I got used to carrying soap with me from Oshkosh and I love my big bars that don't have an obnoxious (to me) fragrance. I've always carried my own shampoo/conditioner/shaving stuff.

I don't ask for stuff I don't need, but I'll take the stuff that's set out.

One exception was when we were doing our every other week CJR (Culpeper, VA) -NC26 (Catawba, NC) run and the fog rolled in from about MTN (Martinsville, VA) on down to our destination early. We diverted to DAN (Danville, VA) and since we were going between our two houses, we hadn't really packed anything. The girl at the front desk set us up with just about everything: toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, razor, shaving cream, shower caps, etc... after digging around to get us a better rate given our predicament.

Back