Amazing new weight loss program

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
On day 2 of my new Salmonella Diet.

I'm chugging water like crazy, but I'm down 9 pounds on day 2.

I'm pretty sure I forgot to wash my hands EVERY time after handling raw chicken the other night.

Sure it wasn't the salmon that gave you salmonella? ;) :D

I have become an expert on that. Have been hit SIX times with Salmonella and twice with E-Coli.

24 hours of cramps/nausea, day of heavy fever and chills, day of nausea and cramps then on the mend. Salmonella isn's that bad in the grand scheme of things other than you feel like crap for 48-72 hours and body just needs to burn it off if you are relatively healthy otherwise. Nothing the Doc can do for you on that one. Any meds will just be a placebo to make you think it will help. Stay hydrated and rest it off.

E-Coli on the other hand you have stuff coming out all directions! That one blows...pun intended.

Last edited:
I had something similar, not salmonella though, after visiting a Vietnamese Restaurant. it took me about 4 days to get over it.

Only lost 5 pounds though.

Sure it wasn't the salmon that gave you salmonella? ;) :D
The-Salmon-Mousse.jpg

Brutal and unpleasant, but effective.

I'm pretty sure I forgot to wash my hands EVERY time after handling raw chicken the other night.

I'm fastideous about washing EVERYTHING after handling chicken while OTOH my wife slings the stuff all over and just wipes it down with paper towels. She things I'm paranoid, but...

I'm fastideous about washing EVERYTHING after handling chicken while OTOH my wife slings the stuff all over and just wipes it down with paper towels. She things I'm paranoid, but...
You just might be paranoid, not that there is anything wrong with that.

I am more like your wife, but at least I wipe the counter down with WET paper towels. And I'll rinse the plate pretty well after putting the chicken on the grill and before putting the cooked chicken back on that plate. I'm 66 now and so far, so good.

I have become an expert on that. Have been hit SIX times with Salmonella and twice with E-Coli.

24 hours of cramps/nausea, day of heavy fever and chills, day of nausea and cramps then on the mend. Salmonella isn's that bad in the grand scheme of things other than you feel like crap for 48-72 hours and body just needs to burn it off if you are relatively healthy otherwise. Nothing the Doc can do for you on that one. Any meds will just be a placebo to make you think it will help. Stay hydrated and rest it off.

E-Coli on the other hand you have stuff coming out all directions! That one blows...pun intended.

Are you forgetting to refrigerate you chicken too? :eek: :p ;)

Are you forgetting to refrigerate you chicken too? :eek: :p ;)

Eating out too often!

Remember that Foster Farms breakout a few years ago where they claimed only 2 cases?...Bullchit. That was two of my hits. It was two cases they found of unopened chicken that was contaminated, but there were THOUSANDS of cases. They could just not technically pin it on them once the package was opened being unable to prove there was not some other cross contamination.

It was like you could not prove the bullet actually killed a guy cuz it could have come from another casing even though the casing was sitting on the ground and the gun was still smoking.

On day 2 of my new Salmonella Diet.

I'm chugging water like crazy, but I'm down 9 pounds on day 2.

I found the flu to work quite well.

Your wife and my wife must be related.....:lol::lol:

She believes wiping something with a wet towel and leaving it wet means it is clean......

Your wife and my wife must be related.....:lol::lol:

She believes wiping something with a wet towel and leaving it wet means it is clean......
As I said, I am in the wet paper towel club. And I have never had food poisoning, except that one time we ate at a sushi house, the week before they closed up.

My sister on the other hand is in the paranoid club. She sanitizes practically the whole kitchen, then takes a shower, after handling chicken. And she gets food poisoning a few times a year. Maybe she is paranoid BECAUSE she keeps getting food poisoning, or maybe she keeps getting food poisoning because her system doesn't know how to fight it off because she is paranoid.:dunno:

But I will admit that it worried me when a friends wife almost died because of eating raw hamburger. I love raw hamburger with a little salt and onion on it.

I had something similar, not salmonella though, after visiting a Vietnamese Restaurant. it took me about 4 days to get over it.

Only lost 5 pounds though.

Circumcision? o_O :D

Once you’ve had a C.Diff intestinal infection, the minor stuff from food pales in comparison.

I’d have paid any amount way back then to “only” have a little salmonella. LOL.

I can relate to @EdFred ‘s plight but on a whole different scale. Ha.

In 1989 I was in Algiers working for an airline during the haj and got very sick. The worst diarrhea and stomach cramps I’ve ever experienced along with heavy sweating, chills, and a feeling that death was upon me. A horrible experience. Never did know for certain what caused it.

I used to get the sheeotts when I would travel to SE Asia for work but I've been over it for a long time. I guess I have some immunity to Salmonella. I can eat raw chicken (undercooked, not by choice) and handle raw chicken with disdain and I don't seem to have a problem. But I'm used to eating raw meat.

I had something similar, not salmonella though, after visiting a Vietnamese Restaurant.
But there are no Vietnamese restaurants in town, or did they close after that happened? Wouldn’t be surprised, all stuff that happens here ;)

But there are no Vietnamese restaurants in town, or did they close after that happened? Wouldn’t be surprised, all stuff that happens here ;)

It was in Albuquerque. Not my favorite town but we have to get out every now and then.

First place I have ever been where the Asians speak Spanish...:lol::lol:

Where I come from they call that "cannibal". My dad would only eat it if it came from one particular butcher shop.

When I was a kid I used to sneak bits of raw hamburger mom was getting ready to make into meatloaf. Don't recall ever getting sick from it. But once I went on a day trip with Dad. We stopped at a small diner and I had the fried chicken. Later that afternoon I was vomiting my guts up. I just knew it was the chicken that did it. Whether or not it was, it took me about 20 years before I'd touch fried chicken again.

It was in Albuquerque

Figured that ;) but hey I wouldn't have been surprised, people don't call our house the best restaurant in town for no reason and I don't seem to be able to go out and eat in town without getting at least a little sick! I love NM, I love NM, I love NM, if I just keep saying that to myself enough, everything will work out just fine ;)

Back