Aloha! Any Maui, HI pilots on here?

amitmishra4

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
amitmishra4
Aloha,

I am in Maui for a week and would love to connect with any local pilots in the area and possibly take a flight around the island if possible. Visiting from New York, the weather seems beautiful here except for the gusty trade winds especially later in the day. Please let me know if there is anyone and I will reach out. Cheers and happy landings!

Not concerned with the profession really, I’m happy to connect with anyone that enjoys aviation as much as anyone else on this board. Would you share a contact privately if you have one please? That would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sadly, from my time there, it does not appear that there is much of a GA community, or activity as we know it here on the continent. GA there is mostly all commercial. Charters, commuters and sight seeing. Not a lot of people flying just for fun. You almost never see a GA plane in the sky.

It's understandable as there is a lot of strong winds and turbulence and once you have flown all over each of the islands and landed at what, maybe 25 different airports (Just a guess and all of the Hawaiian islands, not just Maui), what else is there to do? Not to mention that it is crazy expensive to fly there.

Back