Almost done with the 150

stingray

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel Michaels
I am almost done wit the 150H that I brought back from FL. New cylinders,carb, carb temp, CHT, I also stripped and repainted it. Took the wings off. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I have been working with an A&P AI, I should have my A&P by early next summer. I am thinking I will start painting planes. I am also doing leather interiors, I am not done with the 150's yet.

I am able to fly to work now 40 miles by air 75 by land. What a blast that is.

Dan

Attachments

• N22771 resized 25%.jpg
    N22771 resized 25%.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 102
Indeed -- it's a great "modernized" classic look. What a beautiful plane Dan!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Looks nice. I did a 150L in white with cherry red stripes....almost as nice as yours.

Last edited:
I have never seen that design- is it your creation?

Nice, nice, nice!

I agree... sweet paint scheme! I'll look forward to more pictures.

It's the engine that counts, and it sounds like yours is as spiffy as your paint job. Nice plane!

I have never seen that design- is it your creation?

Nice, nice, nice!

It is, It kinda evolved. The dark blue followed the top cowl line then curved down an invisible line that made up the light blueforward part. There was just not enough up front so you could not see the transision so I made the dark blue follow the lower line and gave the light blue an arrow type point. I got lucky I did not have to redo the whole thing. The interior is not done yet except for the leather sunshadesB). I took out all the carpet and redid the front side panels in leather also. I am going to redo the seats in leather and make them much smaller (So they slide by each other). I will also try and cover the yokes in leather. My first run was today and I had it as fast as 120 mph 3000' level, but it was only -2 deg out. pulling back to around 2400 and running leaner I was doing 115 I think. I was very impressed because it was not a great flyer before I started. The plane was very out of rig I think.

Dan

Attachments

• N22771 panel.JPG
    N22771 panel.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
Nice is right. Should give you some good transportation for along time with that fresh engine. Way to go. Bob

Imagine that... using a Commuter for commuting! I salute you!!

She looks great; enjoy.

Excellent painting.
They don't call them Commuters for nothing, it's perfect for that kind of mission.

Back