Allergies

A

Anonomous

Hi all!

I am a guy with multiple pretty bad food allergies which makes me have around me benadryl or epipen.

I know benadrly is banned by FAA cause it causes sleeepiniess.

Could i ever become an airline pilot if i make sure to pack my own food and take care of myself...

If i can get my medical... would airlines look unfavorouble upon me?

thanks

If you need a epipen probably not. It really depends on your allergies.

I'd see an AME for consultation and get their advice.

Hi all!

I am a guy with multiple pretty bad food allergies which makes me have around me benadryl or epipen.

I know benadrly is banned by FAA cause it causes sleeepiniess.

Could i ever become an airline pilot if i make sure to pack my own food and take care of myself...

If i can get my medical... would airlines look unfavorouble upon me?

thanks
Didn't see this the first time around. But a lot of it will depend on your personal limits. The epipen signifies some serious allergies. That is a problem. But if you are talking an intolerance, it is doable as long as you can manage the symptoms. The airline lifestyle isn't really all that conducive to adhering to strict dietary limits. It might can be managed, but probably only if you can tolerate small deviations at times.

Also realize that if it's a contact allergy, airliners have probably had all sorts of food items on board. The ubiquitous peanut bags have been under fire for decades, but depends on what you're allergic to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back