All women Deltra crew flies 120 girls to NASA HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious, @MuseChaser, if you're still going to stand by your claim that there is no hostility toward women in this thread, and that everyone here is supportive of women in aviation, and that this board is a come-one come-all inviting environment.

Edit: I'm not being snarky or anything. I'm genuinely curious what you think.

I'm not hostile to my granddaughters, a couple of individuals unaware they are persecuted by others. Hopefully they'll meet someone that'll set them straight.

When the constitution was signed, slavery could not be abolished but agreements were made to start the process once the nation was created, and that process did start with a ban on new slave imports. Many laws were put in place to work toward the abolishment of slavery in the next half century, up to the 13th and 14th amendments.

Slavery is alive and well in many nations on the planet, including many African countries. Would you had preferred the colonies remain as colonies or territories of other European countries, instead of declaring independence and adopting the best agreement they could at the time?

It's easy to point out the faults and failures of our system (Jim Crow always gets rolled out), but intellectually lazy to ignore the value of the same system that has enriched the lives of so many who were and are willing to embrace the American culture.
Why couldn't slavery be abolished at the outset? And Jim Crow might always get rolled out because it directly contradicts the point you made earlier. And pointing out the values doesn't negate the faults.

99% of us really don't care what gender the people we're working with are. We really really don't.

It's just that there's that 1% of dudes who are quiet jackholes that are really discouraging to young women just starting out who don't have a lot of faith in themselves yet.

Then the 99% hear about the 1% and we think it's talking about us... then we remember that one girl we worked with a few years back who was a complete female dog and made up a story about people being sexist to get special privileges. Then we get irritated and gripe a bit about the women griping. Then the women take that as us somehow being opposed to women in a certain field.

That's how you get discussions like this. It's kind of silly really, if most of us met up in a real professional setting we'd probably all get along just fine and none of this political and projecting BS would come up.

And pointing out the values doesn't negate the faults

Nor does pointing out faults negate values.

There were oodles of misguided ideas rolling around in the 250 yrs ago. Many have fallen away, some linger on despite their wrongness, but ideas and values are not synonyms.

Nor does pointing out faults negate values.
Did anyone ever claim they did? Because people certainly did claim what I was referring to.

Nice rhetorical trick. Fail.

It's kind of silly really, if most of us met up in a real professional setting we'd probably all get along just fine and none of this political and projecting BS would come up.

When working in school I really looked forward to working with true professionals one day. The older I get, it seems people are as immature as ever. I think its more than 1% causing issues as well.

James,

Then your career is the exception not the rule.
But regardless of the but hurt you think you are feeling; what does this have to do with the article I posted?

Tim

Butt hurt? I got a pretty good life so none of that here. I merely was stating a few points based on the funny photo and idea that women need extra special help in line in today’s America.

I'm curious, @MuseChaser, if you're still going to stand by your claim that there is no hostility toward women in this thread, and that everyone here is supportive of women in aviation, and that this board is a come-one come-all inviting environment.

Edit: I'm not being snarky or anything. I'm genuinely curious what you think.

I got no such vibe, people just get a little chuckle out of a group who claims all their woes in modern US life are based off their lack of a penis, which is factually completely incorrect.

Why couldn't slavery be abolished at the outset? And Jim Crow might always get rolled out because it directly contradicts the point you made earlier. And pointing out the values doesn't negate the faults.

Slavery was not abolished at the onset because the majority (here, and worldwide) didn't see slavery as something to abolish. It was not an abnormal institution in the 18th century. Men such as Anthony Johnson, owner of a 250 acre Virginia tobacco plantation and the first legal slave owner in America, or William Ellison, a wealthy South Carolina plantation owner and the largest slave owner in the state, would have fought to have ratification rejected if abolition was not negotiable. Still, others with vision and courage fought for it, lost, and took the compromise.

There is more to Jim Crow than a bumper sticker reference. If you want to understand it, please read up on exactly what lead to it, who pushed for it, and how it was eventually reversed.

Butt hurt? I got a pretty good life so none of that here. I merely was stating a few points based on the funny photo and idea that women need extra special help in line in today’s America.

Ugh. You totally missed the point. Both of the article, and my comment.

At this point, no matter how it is stated, I do not believe you will understand because you have a hardened position that is unwilling to see other perspectives or accept that not everyone believes they are God (or have the will power to face such opposition).

Tim (Could not resist the reference to your signature line)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back