All this Grumman Talk

muddy00

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
muddy00
Well I'll share with all the Grumman talk lately.. I brought this home a couple weeks ago. After traveling from IL to WA and unable to get a deal done I was able to track this one down in NJ and I'm sure glad the first fell through. 1978 less than 2000 hours TT, less than 700 Smoh, 430w, Stec 30 with Gpss.

Attachments

• IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0272.JPG
    IMG_0272.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 138
Looks fantastic! Paint looks great too!

Great planes and a great example

Need a ferry pilot ;)

Very nice airplane indeed! If you paid over 100K probably not so good. LOL!

The one you looked at in WA was it at KPSC by chance? If it was, I test flew that one & also passed.

Very nice airplane indeed! If you paid over 100K probably not so good. LOL!

The one you looked at in WA was it at KPSC by chance? If it was, I test flew that one & also passed.

Nope wasnt that one I don't think, it was from Arizona being sold up there. And wasn't a 100K but it was more than I was planning for but with all the add ons it was hard to pass up.

Nice looking plane! Hope you enjoy it. I've had my 91 Tiger since March and have put on 70+ hours. Pretty honest airplane if you pay attention to approach and landing speed and accept that not every landing is meant to be saved.

Nice looking Tiger! Looks like a good one. I'll be joining your ranks later this week!

Is that a engine monitor below the fuel gauges? I've never seen an instrument gauge down there.

That's the fuel flow below the fuel gauge. Egt, Cht and outside air is in the upper right corner.

Nice plane, but now youre gonna get 6PC all riled up!

Wing spar corrosion, sheesh!. Its not like youre flying your kids around or something. Oh wait...

So, will a 180 hp AA-5B outrun a 180 hp M20C? I'm also a little concerned about the runway requirements.

So, will a 180 hp AA-5B outrun a 180 hp M20C? I'm also a little concerned about the runway requirements.

I consistently had an AA5B down and stopped in under 800ft with light winds... until I realized I was thinking knots when the ASI is marked in MPH :-D

Nope wasnt that one I don't think, it was from Arizona being sold up there. And wasn't a 100K but it was more than I was planning for but with all the add ons it was hard to pass up.

The Arizona one (Tiger face on the tail...) is sold. Buddy from work bought it. Lives at Paine Field, Everett WA now. Here she is tied down in front of a stored KC-46A and the world's most expensive Piper Colt.

25335263389_214562a971_c.jpg

Congrates Muddy ---- great looking Tiger, and you will enjoy flying it. I was always super happy with mine. I just sold it a few weeks ago as I went to something a little faster.

Well I'll share with all the Grumman talk lately.. I brought this home a couple weeks ago. After traveling from IL to WA and unable to get a deal done I was able to track this one down in NJ and I'm sure glad the first fell through. 1978 less than 2000 hours TT, less than 700 Smoh, 430w, Stec 30 with Gpss.
CONGRATS!!!

Negative. My M20-C turns in 147-148 KTAS at 8000-10,000 msl, burning 9 gph block time (I don't have fuel flow).

20161028_101340.jpg

Last edited:
.....but let's keep in mind - retractable vs not.

.....but let's keep in mind - retractable vs not.

Exactly! Speed is equally about power and drag reduction. No struts, no wheels hanging out, smaller cross-sectional area, and a fresh waxing.

Exactly! Speed is equally about power and drag reduction. No struts, no wheels hanging out, smaller cross-sectional area, and a fresh waxing.
That's called profile drag.

....and cost is largely about complexity.

Back