Alcor EGT 2 1/4” upgrade options

mandm

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Michael
Any recommendations to upgrade an Alcor EGT 2 1/4”?

I know they are expensive, but a full engine monitor is the way to go. JPI, EI, and Garmin EIS are good solutions. I own a CGR-30P.

A unique benefit of the Garmin EIS is the unit fits a standard hole where the tach is located and most importantly can display fuel levels facilitating 100% elimination of all legacy engine fuel gauges for 100 series Cessna’s.

Believe it or not, a good full featured engine monitor will pay for itself in avoiding engine repairs and provide early indication of cylinder issues for early remediation.

Any idea the install costs for CGR-30P? This would replace RPM/Tach time but not manifold pressure?

I've heard 8 to 16 hours quoted, so 1-3K labor depending on experience and shop rate. Someone who has done a couple is going to be way more efficient at it.

Try to find an A&P willing to let you work under supervision. None of this is brain surgery.

Any idea the install costs for CGR-30P? This would replace RPM/Tach time but not manifold pressure?

The CGR-30P will replace all engine gauges. The Garmin EIS will also, and in addition include the fuel gauges. This was a big benefit to the Garmin EIS as the entire engine/fuel gauge cluster could be removed. Basically, you’re eliminating all of the gauges on the right side except for this one new instrument.

Both products provide fuel flow and gallons consumed. This fuel totalizer capability is an enormous safety feature to prevent running out of fuel. If you have a GPS, these units will attach to it and most modern GPS’s will show fuel remaining to waypoints and destinations.

You wind up with significantly more capability than just engine monitoring.
Have a look at both solutions and see which one prices out and performs best for your circumstances.

Last edited:
Back