Alaskan Autumn flying and landing on an ATV trail in a Carbon Cub

Narwhal

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
?
Just a quick video trying out my new tailwheel camera mount with the GoPro Max camera. Plane is a Cub Crafters Carbon Cub FX3 experimental. Taken in late September in south central Alaska.

Just a quick video trying out my new tailwheel camera mount with the GoPro Max camera. Plane is a Cub Crafters Carbon Cub FX3 experimental. Taken in late September in south central Alaska.

Interesting. How about a picture of the camera mount? I noticed that it doesn't move with the tailwheel.

Also, is something wrong with your tail nav light mount? It seems to be moving left and right. I don't think I've ever seen that happen on a tri-gear plane. :D

Interesting. How about a picture of the camera mount? I noticed that it doesn't move with the tailwheel.

Also, is something wrong with your tail nav light mount? It seems to be moving left and right. I don't think I've ever seen that happen on a tri-gear plane. :D

This is the mount:
https://flightflix.net/product/xploringalaska-acme-tail-wheel-pole-mount/

You need one of the Acme tailwheel stick stingers for it to work (experimental only). Basically it's a pole mounted where the leaf spring would be on a regular tailwheel.

There is definitely something wrong with my tail nav light! As a seasoned tricycle pilot, and even worse, a jet pilot, I dont think to those medal footrests on the floor of the cockpit are supposed to move either! Definitely something wrong! :D

Back