Alaskan Airlines flight lands safely after pilot passes out

Must have eaten the fish dinner

Yes, yes, I remember. I had lasagna.

WHAT ?.......The CO-PILOT landed the plane ?????? OH THE HUMANITY ! How EVER did he manage to pull it off ???? Another miracle I tell you !

I'm guessing this will be a new item in the medical history section of his next flight physical....... :D

That was my first thought when I heard about it this morning. I'm sure he'll have all the tests squared away before he sees the AME.

Maybe we can get the TSA to inspect the fish...

The Alaska Airlines pilot who lost consciousness during a Seattle-bound flight Thursday night, prompting an emergency landing, was suffering from food poisoning or a stomach virus, an airline spokesman said Friday.

Now that should be fun for the Captain to prove - he and Alaska's medical benefit plan have a lot of expensive tests in store for unknown syncope . . . unless when they got him to the ER he tested positive for the flu bug and had a fever and other symptoms . . .

If i'm a) the first officer and b) the 4th year medical student who 'came to his aide,' [thats like a pre=cross country just solo'd student pilot coming into the cockpit and being asked to land the plane] I think I'm gonna start Airborne and Tamilfu almost immediately . . .

Isn't that why some of the few words to be heard from a copilot are to be, "I'll take the chicken."?

Back