Alaska / Super Cub pictures

That's awesome. What God can do with Nature, a Man, and an Airplane...

I gotta start planning that trip.:goofy:

Wow...and I live in Oklahoma..:rolleyes:

I could totally spend a couple months up there...man that would be sweet.

i just want that super cub. so clean! and with tundra tires and the baggage pod. drooool

i just want that super cub. so clean! and with tundra tires and the baggage pod. drooool

Well scrape up your loose change and talk to Cubcrafters $200,000 might get you strarted.

The Pod is a 2500 extra, the 34 inch tires are 5k and the wheels to mount them on is an extra 1k the 10 inch tailwheel is another 3500. Now do you want the survival gear compartment, the 2300 pound gross weight kit, the wide fuselage, bat wings, VGs, anphibs, too?

Great pictorial narrative.
Thanks, it brings back a lot of memories and creates plans for me!

Last edited:
Wow...and I live in Oklahoma..:rolleyes:
Do y'all even have hills there? :)

Those are some awesome photos. I hope to make it up there someday. A Super Cub means of travel sure can't be improved upon for such a trip.

Do y'all even have hills there? :)

Err....kinda! :) We've got the Wichita and Arbuckle "Mountains"...but they're not exactly majestic. The good thing is that the price of living is so low in OK that you can actually afford to go places that do have mountains, beaches, etc.

Go look at a DFW sectional...not a whole of of color changes!:rolleyes:

Wow...

Amazing places and awesome pictures !

I can only dream about that kind of flying...in Israel all GA flights are CVFR (Controlled VFR ).

Basically, that means you must get a clearance from ATC (military) before getting permission to take off and fly a particular route.

You are only permitted to fly along a few predetermined CVFR routes.

The airforce effectively owns the skies and barely tolerates our presence.

So, as you can imagine, the pictures of bush flying in Alaska make me turn green with jealousy :D

Alon,

You make a trip to the US and I'm sure you'll have more opportunities to fly with us than you will have time to do. Plenty of places I'd like to fly, but won't get the chance, too.

Great photos!

We were paid to put on a seminar up there last year. It was amazing. All most all the particapants in the seminar were pilots. 43 in all. We got invited on many flights and saw so much. The people I flew with were very good pilots. Landed in some amazing short and rough strips. Super cub 1957 182 with over sized tires, 185. Spent three nights at the Lake Hood inn.

I am going back some day soon. Flying up in my own toy.

Jon

Thanks for the invitation Ghery :)

I travel to America quite often - unfortunately, I seldom spend more than 48 hours on U.S. soil...

I have plans to travel to Oshkosh one of these days...I will also try to spend some quality time behind some Cessna's yoke...

So it's only a matter of time...:yes:

Back