Alaska Plane Crash

Not a great place to fly,weather is usually not that good. Took an Alaska cruise ,rained for 8 days,that was in July.

It wasn't me.

Wait...... nope, not me.

Yeah the southeast Alaska weather can be rather crappy at times.

Damn. I knew the pilot, Fariah Peterson. She was in CAP at Olive Branch MS when I was there. Sweet girl.

Read an article in the paper this afternoon. They showed a map with the approximate location of the accident.

The crash site was way North of the route you would take Juneau to Hoonah. The pilot may have been trying to get around an area of low clouds.??? The crash site is close to the area an Alaska Airlines B-727 crashed in the 70's.

A flying friend of mine went flying school with her at Western michigan (through Delta). Sad news.... Sounds like she was working up there to meet minimums for an airline job.

A flying friend of mine went flying school with her at Western michigan (through Delta). Sad news.... Sounds like she was working up there to meet minimums for an airline job.

It really is sad . Being a local and flying the area for 20 years I just don't understand the location of the crash site from a normal route you would take Juneau to Hoonah. 5 to 10 miles North of a normal flight.

Back