Alan Rickman Dies

By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged!

Best villain ever. Plus he used an HK P7!

Never saw Harry Potter (gay), but he was great in Die Hard.

Years ago started a film called "Closetland".

He played a torturing interrogator - it was so dark and sadistic I did not choose to finish it.

But it unfortunately cemented him in this role for me, and I found his visage initially disturbing in whatever role I saw him in.

Too bad, he was a good actor with a lot of range.

My favorite Villain!
His characters were usually both mean and inept bringing some comic relief...

Hahaha - he was great in that. I also liked him in Bottle Shock. It's a cliché, but he really did have a ton of range.

By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged!

That suuuucks. GQ was just on the other day.

200_s.gif

Last edited:
I loved him in Ferris Bueller's Day off.
Cameron was such a great character.

Celebrities have been dropping faster than Cirruses have lately.

I've seen several movies he's in and like his performances.

Quigley down under was the first Rickman movie I ever saw. RIP.

I'd forgotten about that one. He did a good job playing the bad guys. Quigley was kind of a goofy movie, but was still fun to watch. I think Die Hard was his best role.

This is sad to hear. Die Hard of course comes to mind first, but a close second was his Sheriff of Nottingham portrayal in Robin Hood. He always had great comic relief even as the villain, which he played so well. RIP

My first Alan Rickman movie was "Robin Hood: Prince of thieves" where he stole every single scene from Kevin Costner as the Sheriff of Nottingham with his incredible rants, lol. He was also amazing in a tiny little film called "Close my eyes" where he played Sinclair, a gentlemen who's wife was sleeping with her own brother. Rest in Peace.

Yes, I was sorry to hear this. I've been a fan of his since I saw him in the original Die Hard. I saw him in Closet Land and though it was a downer of a movie, I think he did a good job in it. R.I.P to one of my favorite actors.

May his passing be forever recorded in the "historical documents"

One of my Rickman favorites was "Something the Lord made". He was a damn good actor. RIP

Chris

Back