Alabama -v- Texas

Most bank members I know said they were sure they had a good times on their trips but didn't remember much about them. IIRC, "a smoky haze" was the term most-often used.

31]I performed with the flag on the field and alto sax in pep band for the basketball games. Also played clarinet for concert band. I did the WVU alumni band for several years, but now that I'm in AR and TX, it's pretty difficult. I still miss it though. Band was some really good times with some really good memories of some really good trips.[/quote]

Most bank members I know said they were sure they had a good times on their trips but didn't remember much about them. IIRC, "a smoky haze" was the term most-often used.

Which 'banks' are they at now? I'm sure I know a few of them :D

Best,

Dave

Most band members I know said they were sure they had a good times on their trips but didn't remember much about them. IIRC, "a smoky haze" was the term most-often used.

Texas always had a 9 am Saturday rehearsal, even when the game was at night. I never understood why the rehearsals were 1) so bad and 2) why so many people were wearing sunglasses.

My soph year I found out after a friday night party after the pep rally. I asked the band director (much later) why - his response? "If I can get everyone up and moving in the morning, then by the evening game, they'll be coherent". (and sober)

Last edited:
I played trombone in the South Dakota State University "Pride of the Dakotas" Marching Band, also concert band, jazz band, pep band, and any other band I could find. Even dragged the bone along with me in the Navy and volunteered with the ships company band on the Nimitz and Ranger. (Way easier to sit and play than to stand in formation for Change of Commands and other such nonsense)

Lots of miles hiked in local summer parades in the Black Hills with the High School and community bands, until a few of us hooked up with the local Budweiser distributor and rode and played in the Bud wagon. Way easier riding behind horses than trying to march behind them, sidestepping over the road apples and still stay in formation!

Back