Alabama -v- Texas

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
What? No smack talking from anyone in Alabama or Texas?

Big 12 gonna make a good showing, I hope.

Bama is tough, very tough.

I've been helping a friend with the details of a 737 charter to the game. Out this morning, back home after the game. Great package for UT fans, no reason to spend a bunch of money staying in Calleyfornia any longer than necessary. Worried a little about ice last night, but dodged the bullet.

What? No smack talking from anyone in Alabama or Texas?

Big 12 gonna make a good showing, I hope.

Bama is tough, very tough.

Alabama won the toss and took the kick off, and did not defer??

HUGE mistake!

Last edited:
I'm not saying the Alabama player gave a cheep shot to McCoy, but this hitting with the helmet crap has got to stop. Using the helmet as a weapon had got to stop in football. Young men are getting permanently hurt playing a game.

I'm not saying the Alabama player gave a cheep shot to McCoy, but this hitting with the helmet crap has got to stop. Using the helmet as a weapon had got to stop in football. Young men are getting permanently hurt playing a game.

Your right Larry. And I'm pullin for Texuhs for my good friend Spike!

Um guys (and gals :)), did it escape your notice :)yes:) that the admins have set up an entire sub-forum here for the discussion of sports? :)

The Sports Section
Sub-forum for discussion of any and all sports. See also the sub-forums for Fantasy Gaming.

"Turn out the lights, the party's over.
They say that all good things must end
Call it a night, the party's over
And tomorrow starts the same old thing again.

W. Nelson, sung by D. Meredith

Lee Tiffin, hopefully related to Van Tiffin? Or do I have the name wrong?

every now and then a team is good because of one player. thats always too bad when that one player can't play.

No shame for Texas - 'Bama was (is) world-class, and Texas almost came back on 'em behind a true Freshman QB (I mean, he was in freakin' HIGH SCHOOL) a year ago).

I will say that the officiating was a little suspect, including (in particular) two blatant pass-interference calls missed, but those things exist in every game.

I was hoping UT could pull it off. GREAT effort by the freshman back up QB. That boy has a future! He sure proved himself, under fire, big time.

No shame for Texas - 'Bama was (is) world-class, and Texas almost came back on 'em behind a true Freshman QB (I mean, he was in freakin' HIGH SCHOOL) a year ago).

I will say that the officiating was a little suspect, including (in particular) two blatant pass-interference calls missed, but those things exist in every game.

Wasn't Texas in the game due to some funky officiating in their game against Nebraska?

Wasn't Texas in the game due to some funky officiating in their game against Nebraska?

YES! The officials put a second on the clock after time had run out. There is no rule for doing that, and would have ended when the clock started again. The clock should have started immediately after the officials placed the ball on the ground, not when the ball was snapped. Time would have expired again. You cannot get a play off in 1 second under those conditions.

But I digress.................:mad3::mad3:

YES! The officials put a second on the clock after time had run out. There is no rule for doing that, and would have ended when the clock started again. The clock should have started immediately after the officials placed the ball on the ground, not when the ball was snapped. Time would have expired again. You cannot get a play off in 1 second under those conditions.

But I digress.................:mad3::mad3:

Wrong. Ball was an incomplete pass. Clock doesn't start till the ball is snapped.

I was flying commercially back last night, listening to Channel 9. ATC wouldn't even give the scores to Southwest pilots.... :rolleyes:

I was flying commercially back last night, listening to Channel 9. ATC wouldn't even give the scores to Southwest pilots.... :rolleyes:

Too funny, even I got World Series scores relayed to me when the Tigers were playing.

Well, it was quite possibly the ugliest win in history, but a win nonetheless. And another national championship ring in the case at Bryant Museum.

Roll Tide!!

Oh, and to the Bama haters in the SEC last night, why not put your money where your mouth is and refuse to accept the share of the payout for an SEC team winning the championship? ;-)

Hey Chris, Are you back in the Land of the Righteous yet? If so, did you haul this intemperate weather down here in your U-Haul?

Nothing to hate - "Bama is mighty strong, but you gotta know that, when McCoy went out and was replaced by a true Frosh, they thought it was in the bag. I think plenty of respect was earned last night.

I think the score may have been higher had Mccoy stayed in last night. It seemed like when Bama came out after half, they figured they could just coast to victory. If Mccoy had stayed, they may have kept their edge the whole game and it may have been worse.

You know, listening to the TV commentators you'd have thought Texas won despite the score. I had the game on in another room while I was re-assembling my laptop and the slant was blatant pro-UT. And I'm not even a Bama fan, although I do enjoy it when SEC teams win outside the conference. How many other conferences sent 10 teams to post season play?

Well, it was quite possibly the ugliest win in history, but a win nonetheless. And another national championship ring in the case at Bryant Museum.

Roll Tide!!

Oh, and to the Bama haters in the SEC last night, why not put your money where your mouth is and refuse to accept the share of the payout for an SEC team winning the championship? ;-)

Nothing to hate - "Bama is mighty strong, but you gotta know that, when McCoy went out and was replaced by a true Frosh, they thought it was in the bag. I think plenty of respect was earned last night.

Yep. That QB did a heckuva job once he got settled. When Bama went to the 3-and-out system in the 3rd quarter, all they were doing was giving UT time to practice and get into a rhythm. Once he got comfortable, BAM - play action deep hit. Ingram being out in the 3rd quarter probably helped Bama in the end because UT didn't have enough exposure to him to find a way to stop him.

Given the circumstances, UT played with amazing heart and never gave up. As an added bonus, your new QB has been tested by fire and came out pretty darn well. If he can allow himself to see it as a good experience instead of focusing on the interceptions, he could surpass McCoy's skill level in the future.

And I'm sure in true Texas style you were enjoying Shiner and nachos while you watched...

Hey Chris, Are you back in the Land of the Righteous yet? If so, did you haul this intemperate weather down here in your U-Haul?

Yep we are in the booming metropolis of Fayetteville. We got down here Monday before last. Sorry for the truckload of bad weather, but we needed a slower transition to the 'southern' winter so we brought a touch of snow with us to help make the transition a bit easier to handle. I think we're ok now, so you can turn on the 'normal' Georgia winter when you're ready. ;-)

At least the network showed *some* of the two bands during halftime. First time I've seen any of the halftime except for the superbowl.

At least the network showed *some* of the two bands during halftime. First time I've seen any of the halftime except for the superbowl.

Which is really awesome since the Alabama band director was a friend of mine in college. Kenny O was the WVU drum major my freshman year. And yes I only really watch the games to see the bands :D (I played alto sax and flag)

Which is really awesome since the Alabama band director was a friend of mine in college. Kenny O was the WVU drum major my freshman year. And yes I only really watch the games to see the bands :D (I played alto sax and flag)
Longhorn Band (and now, Longhorn Alumni Band)

Clarinet & percussion, depending the performance. Pep rallies & in the stands - percussion. Parades & halftime - clarinet.

Longhorn Band (and now, Longhorn Alumni Band)

Clarinet & percussion, depending the performance. Pep rallies & in the stands - percussion. Parades & halftime - clarinet.

I dearly LOVE when the Alumni Band and the Longhorn Band play- best half-time of each year.

Thanks!

I dearly LOVE when the Alumni Band and the Longhorn Band play- best half-time of each year.

Thanks!

well, the 5 am rehearsal call this past fall (for the LHAB wasn't that much fun....hate 11 am games. it was ok when I was a student and living on campus, only had to show up at 9 am.

if you're interested, check out the LHAB website at www.lhab.org

I am so old.

As I walk down 21st st. to the games, now, I look up at my old dorm window, 2nd floor of Moore-Hill, recall setting up speakers to play the Longhorn Band record as people walked to the games. I could leave the dorm room 6 minutes before kickoff and get there timely. Try that now in 100k+ stadium!

I performed with the flag on the field and alto sax in pep band for the basketball games. Also played clarinet for concert band. I did the WVU alumni band for several years, but now that I'm in AR and TX, it's pretty difficult. I still miss it though. Band was some really good times with some really good memories of some really good trips.

Back