Alabama Crash claims 4

Land short & work it out. We NEVER have to be anywhere. Yeah I realize we all know that, at least from the comfort of the couch.

I am sure many of us made the right choice to land and wait out bad weather at some point in our past, I bet I am not the only one.
Wife wasn't happy at the time but once we got some food in her and got her home an hour late, it was all good. She sees the big picture now.

Why this gentleman decided to kill his whole family is beyond me. Get-there-itis? Or simply more money than brains?

On a more positive note, ATC has been helping more and more with deviating pilots around bad weather even if the pilots don't see it. I am sure somebody can post a nice link to the new FAA order (I don't have one). Hopefully this will help save a few clueless crazies who are heading for a squall line or a cell.

That explains all of the deviation advisories I've been hearing today from Indy Center.

On a more positive note, ATC has been helping more and more with deviating pilots around bad weather even if the pilots don't see it. I am sure somebody can post a nice link to the new FAA order (I don't have one). Hopefully this will help save a few clueless crazies who are heading for a squall line or a cell.
I'm not sure there is a new order about wx? I do know that our equipment has gotten better which results in more reliable wx depicted on our scopes. That combined with better training that emphasizes wx elements to the non-pilot controllers, I think is what you are noticing. Either way, I'm glad you are getting what you feel is good (or at least better) service.

I'm not sure there is a new order about wx? I do know that our equipment has gotten better which results in more reliable wx depicted on our scopes. That combined with better training that emphasizes wx elements to the non-pilot controllers, I think is what you are noticing. Either way, I'm glad you are getting what you feel is good (or at least better) service.
I'll have to ask my local ATC friend. I cannot tell you really how old/new that order is but I do know that it exists. (I think from other ATC guys)
I would assume it is national and not local.
Anyway, I'll find out for sure.
I really can't remember more, sorry. And it's Friday. And I've worked already 60 hours this week. And the weekend will suck big time (lots of big convective stuff) so no flying for me. :(

And yes, I do feel I am getting good service, for sure. Been deviated around bad weather in the past just seconds before I was about to ask for a 20-degree right etc. :) It i good that y'all are looking out for us, thank you.

Back