AirVenture Oshkosh 2007 Plans & Meetups

LeonardMack

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
LeonardMack
Is there an official POA get together?!

I haven't met anyone from here, but I do plan on being at Oshkosh this year.

Re: Last minute AirVenture accomodations

if Jesse goes ill be there and I think Leah will join us so that we dont fail miserably at camping.

diana's airplane is a good hangout :yes:

PARTY AT DIANA'S AIRPLANE!!!!!!!
Oh, my. :D

Tom doesn't seem too enthused about OHS this year, maybe because we don't want to leave the new cats for long. He only wants to go for a day or two. :(

Hmmmm, I may just go alone and maybe he will fly up later for a few days. I don't want to miss the party! :goofy:

Tom doesn't seem too enthused about OHS this year, maybe because we don't want to leave the new cats for long. He only wants to go for a day or two. :(
Two days there is plenty for me, too. I travel up Tuesday, go to the show Wed & Thurs, and fly back Friday.

well somehow jesse and i plan to do it with a DA20...im not sure how he plans to do that :)

Our Fairchild Club leader is not well and has in the past asked for help manning the fairchild booth. Barb and I are considering the trip.

There are a lot of ducks to line up before get the green light.

Yes, finally the OSH thread I've been meaning to start for a while now.

We'll fly and camp at OSH on Friday. Since it's a bit far from here, I'm planning on staying the entire week and maybe visit some friends in Chicago for a few days.

I'd love to meet up with some folks from the boards. Party at Diana's airplane sounds good to me, too! :yes:

PS: Diana, I replied to your message. Not sure if you got mine...

I am looking forward to my first AirVenture trip. I'll be flying commercial to ORD and staying with a relative in Fond du Lac, visiting AirVenture on Sunday - Wednesday.

(I don't think it is worth the hassle to fly the aluminum tube from ORD to MKE. I'm going to rent a car anyway, so why not just drive that leg?)

My host is an active member of EAA and flies an RV-6 that he built himself. (I think it is a 6. I know it is some flavor of RV). I am repaying his courtesy for the invite to stay with him in his very nice, and very nicely airconditioned, house by volunteering some time standing around in a red vest (and POA hat of course!), directing planes on the ground. I'm really looking forward to the trip and would like to connect with POAers. We'll make plans as AirVenture draws nigh....

-Skip

AirVenture Oshkosh 2007 Meetups

Here's the places to say where you'll be and to arrange meetups.

There will be a Pilotcast and Aviation podcast forum at 7 PM Thursday night in the forums pavilions. You'll find us there.

I'd love to meet up with some folks from the boards. Party at Diana's airplane sounds good to me, too! :yes:
Well, I was kinda undecided before, but it looks like I'd better go to OSH. I don't want to miss a party! :)

PS: Diana, I replied to your message. Not sure if you got mine...
Oh, I'll go run check it again. :redface:

Ok... now I need to find a way to get up there for a few days. Anyone from Houston going?

Hi POAers,

Sue and I will be camping with the Cessnas to Oshkosh (C2O) group. The group expect to be parked in the same spot we were parked last year, the SW corner of North 40.

Where are we meeting? Diana's plane? :yes:

I guess Diana will have to make a public announcement at the start of the air show letting us now where she's parked. :D

Diana, just get Tom in the plane with only one parachute and sit on it. :D

I'll be up with family on Monday, then back solo on Tuesday. I'll be doing Protect Our Planes duty on Tuesday afternoon, in the homebuilts area.

I'll post a cellphone number later, perhaps.

I'll be flying up in a Cessna 170 and camping with the plane in the Vintage area. This is my first trip there.

We are actually going up Saturday (21st) and plan on staying until we get bored. (The entire week?!)

If anyone between California - Oshkosh (we'll go pretty much straight line from Northern California to Oshkosh) needs a ride, let me know. I'm taking a retired ATC friend of mine along, so we'll have space for two more.

We're planning to be at Oshkosh on Friday; flight back will be on the following Friday or Saturday.

-Felix

Re: AirVenture Oshkosh 2007 Meetups

There will be a Pilotcast and Aviation podcast forum at 7 PM Thursday night in the forums pavilions. You'll find us there.

Mike, did you get some info that I didn't??? 'Cuz I still do NOT have a confirmed time and place. Pilotcast vaporware?

Where oh where will Diana's plane be?
The plan is to leave here on Friday, July 20th, maybe Thursday so that I'll get a good parking place in the far east part of the North 40. I'm not sure when Tom is coming up (or how).

Current plans are for a day trip, Saturday, landing at FLD so that we can depart even if the OSH runway is closed for the airshow.

Last edited:
Just bought a new tent, and I`am ready to go. Planning on staying the whole week this year. :yes:

What day is the party at Diana`s???

Linda

If you haven't gotten a copy of the 2007 Airventure Notam, here's an excerpt...

Changes for 2007 include:​
•​
Procedures start on Friday prior to AirVenture
New AirVenture Arrival ATIS frequency (118.75)

The plan is to leave here on Friday, July 20th, maybe Thursday so that I'll get a good parking place in the far east part of the North 40. I'm not sure when Tom is coming up (or how).

If you haven't gotten a copy of the 2007 Airventure Notam, here's an excerpt...

I asked to have copy mailed. Looking on the web site I didn't see the part about going to Fond Du Lac. I suppose the ATIS would give the tower frequency.

I may make a in and out to FDL Friday or Saturday.

I'll be driving up after that.

If anyone between California - Oshkosh (we'll go pretty much straight line from Northern California to Oshkosh) needs a ride, let me know. I'm taking a retired ATC friend of mine along, so we'll have space for two more.

We're planning to be at Oshkosh on Friday; flight back will be on the following Friday or Saturday.

-Felix

I think we're headed out just ahead of you. I'm leaving on the 18th, staying the night out in UT somewhere, then 19th and 20th in RFD. Then its the B2OSH arrival. What day are you heading out?

I think we're headed out just ahead of you. I'm leaving on the 18th, staying the night out in UT somewhere, then 19th and 20th in RFD. Then its the B2OSH arrival. What day are you heading out?
Right now, it looks like we'll be leaving on the 19th. Pretty much the same idea - we'll overnight somewhere on the way.

I really wanted to do the B2OSH thing too. Unfortunately, I don't have formation experience :(

What route are you planning to take? We were thinking about going north a bit toward Reno and then East....

-Felix

You should have made it out to Stockton!

I'm not sure on the route just yet. I'm flying out with a bunch of the other Bo folks. We figure we might as well do a good formation arrival at RFD in practice for the showcase this year.

After a little digging, we're heading to KMLF then KLBF. Not sure if that is direct or detoured for terrain...

Last edited:
You should have made it out to Stockton!

I'm not sure on the route just yet. I'm flying out with a bunch of the other Bo folks. We figure we might as well do a good formation arrival at RFD in practice for the showcase this year.

After a little digging, we're heading to KMLF then KLBF. Not sure if that is direct or detoured for terrain...
Next year. This is my first time to Osh, so I'll feel a lot better doing the formation arrival next time. I'm sure you guys will have fun!

I think that's about the route we'll take, too. I was thinking about overnighting in Denver since I've got some friends there. All those restricted areas don't make it easy, though.

See you there!

-Felix

It's too far for me to go. And I don't like crossing lake michigan.

Petoskey - Mackinac - 1SQ - Door County - Green Bay - OSH

LOL. Mike, I cross Lake Michigan all the time, and I'm probably one of the 10 closest from the board to OSH.

Next year. This is my first time to Osh, so I'll feel a lot better doing the formation arrival next time. I'm sure you guys will have fun!

I think that's about the route we'll take, too. I was thinking about overnighting in Denver since I've got some friends there. All those restricted areas don't make it easy, though.

See you there!

-Felix

Its my first time flying in too. But I figure I just follow the other 50 or so aircraft in front of me and stay out of the way of the other 50. :)

I'm heading out from Palo Alto on the 19th. Overnight in Yellowstone, okay 2 nights to sight see and then on Sat fly to Minneapolis St. Paul for a baseball game. Then Sunday morning a short flight into OSH. The Monday after OSH we are catching a Cubs game.

Continuing on south towards Memphis and some bbq on the way back to CA.

We will be in the Sedona/Grand Canyon area on Fri 8/3 and in Bryce canyon 8/4

Ron

I'm heading out from Palo Alto on the 19th. Overnight in Yellowstone, okay 2 nights to sight see and then on Sat fly to Minneapolis St. Paul for a baseball game. Then Sunday morning a short flight into OSH. The Monday after OSH we are catching a Cubs game.

Continuing on south towards Memphis and some bbq on the way back to CA.

We will be in the Sedona/Grand Canyon area on Fri 8/3 and in Bryce canyon 8/4

Ron

You're flying out again, Ron? Very cool!

You're flying out again, Ron? Very cool!

Absolutley! Hey it's only money right?

I'm making up for too many years of not flying. This time we will be in the Mooney and it won't take as much time in the plane. More time to sightsee on the way back.

See ya at the podcast roundup!

Ron

LOL. Mike, I cross Lake Michigan all the time, and I'm probably one of the 10 closest from the board to OSH.

I WIN, I WIN! Normally live 38 nm north, instruct 10 nm north, but right now I happen to be staying in a house that is just a stone's throw from OSH's 18/36, connected with a taxiway. Ahh, it's rough.... :D

I WIN, I WIN! Normally live 38 nm north, instruct 10 nm north, but right now I happen to be staying in a house that is just a stone's throw from OSH's 18/36, connected with a taxiway. Ahh, it's rough.... :D

are you still going to be in said house during Airventure? Got extra rooms??

Back