Airports with on-site restaurants

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
After this past gathering of POA’ers wining and dining over lunch, I’ve been curious to know if there’s a site that has a list of all airports with restaurants based on-field. I did a quick Google search but couldn’t find anything that matched my criteria. I’d like to find a handful of relatively close airports that I can choose from for a $300 burger run or a potential place for another fly-in. If you know of anything let me know!

Thanks!

the only caveat is not all airports are restaurants on the field.

That's not necessarily a negative. We've met a lot of people sharing the courtesy car to get to the restaurant and jabbering about flying.

You may check this site out...
https://funplacestofly.com/

You can search within a certain distance, the only caveat is not all airports are restaurants on the field.

You can look here for $1/month. http://www.100dollarhamburger.com/

I use all the sites listed above, plus this one (this one is my favorite for finding food):

http://fly2lunch.com/

I knew I recalled seeing some of you mention a few of these in the past, but couldn’t think of what they were. Needed a quick refresher. Thanks guys !

After this past gathering of POA’ers wining and dining over lunch, I’ve been curious to know if there’s a site that has a list of all airports with restaurants based on-field. I did a quick Google search but couldn’t find anything that matched my criteria. I’d like to find a handful of relatively close airports that I can choose from for a $300 burger run or a potential place for another fly-in. If you know of anything let me know!

Thanks!
Was that 'wining' or 'whining' and dining

Thanks!

Runway Cafe at GMU - a whole bunch of PoA folks had lunch there last Saturday
Downwind at PDK - plus the 57th Fighter Group is there too
Elevation Chophouse at RYY
57 Alpha Cafe at FQD

There are also some places with restaurants just a short walk from the airport.

Southern Soul BBQ at SSI - just off the end of Rwy 22, plus you can rent bikes at Monkey Wrench and go all over the island.
The Jekyll Island Club at 09J - is just a short walk away. They also have bikes for rent and Red Bugs (but those are pricey :eek: )

Those are just a few off the top of my head.

Runway Cafe at GMU - a whole bunch of PoA folks had lunch there last Saturday
Downwind at PDK - plus the 57th Fighter Group is there too
Elevation Chophouse at RYY
57 Alpha Cafe at FQD

There are also some places with restaurants just a short walk from the airport.
Yeah. Did the Runway Café on Saturday. Definitely recommend it!
The Elevation Chophouse looks pricey, but somewhere I'd be interested in trying. Thanks for the suggestions, Wayne!

I like to ask ,that question,on this site,when out of my area. For instance when in mass. I know most of the area restaurants.

No data source. He did all the research by talking with other pilots and he keeps the map updated.

That's a labor of love. I looked around the DFW regular spots and many are there. :rockon:

Didn't see Lamberts at Sikeston MO mentioned in the two I looked at....no big deal, just seems odd.
Might've overlooked it. Dang people here at work won't leave me alone so I can PoA proper.

I’m liking the idea of hitting The Flying Machine @ LZU or grabbing the courtesy car at GKT for Fuddruckers. Now to just find the best time for it..

You can look here for $1/month. http://www.100dollarhamburger.com/

Has that improved? I got suckered, er, I paid for a subscription a few years ago and found that the listings were less reliable than the free sites and the published refuses to note when the information about each airport was updated, so there is no easy way to tell what's current and what isn't.

Using what data source? I'd love to make that into a ForeFlight layer.
No data source. He did all the research by talking with other pilots and he keeps the map updated.

Did they start the Spitfire Deli back up? It was nice to go to (WDR), but I think it shut down 2 years ago. Keeping the data current is going to be some work.

Did they start the Spitfire Deli back up? It was nice to go to (WDR), but I think it shut down 2 years ago. Keeping the data current is going to be some work.

AFAIK, it's still closed. Too bad, I liked the people and food.

How do we contact them? The restaurant at KFUL (Fullerton, CA) is missing.

I told him to add it. Should be on there now

I just told him to look into it and looks like he removed it. Agreed keeping it current is the hard part.

Just went to the Aviator Cafe in Hesperia, CA this morning...it replaced the restaurant that was there previously. Friendly service & good food!

Runway/taxiway is a little ratty...seems like you're landing on a two-lane country road. But the hole-in-the-wall feel adds to the adventure.

What data is driving Foreflight’s services listing for airports? Do they have their own reporting system?

Back