Airport Managers

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
I'd like anyone who is an airport manager to send me a private message, I'd like to chat with you and promise it'll be worth your time. I'd rather not say more though in this thread :)

I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. PM sent.

I manage a small FBO at a muni airport. We only service one plane, mine, and are open 24 hours 365. Very light maintenance and detailing with family (mine) charter service on call.

Does this qualify me to get in on the big secret?

53763930.jpg

No big secret. Just need to talk to some airport managers.

Airport/FBO Manager at the Winchester Municipal Airport (KBGF). Sending you a PM now.

If you need an example of incompetent management, let me know. I'll put you in touch with the moronic Bozo in charge of mis-managing my local airport.

I've never seen anybody who can yakity-yak so long without saying anything.

If you need an example of incompetent management, let me know. I'll put you in touch with the moronic Bozo in charge of mis-managing my local airport.

I've never seen anybody who can yakity-yak so long without saying anything.

Like our airport manager. He is also city attorney and was the city manager but was fired from that job. Seems like the airport budget disappears every year, and nothing gets done at the airport.

The new managers of the FBO are putting in self serve pumps without help from the city. The FBO had to do something, they went from 24 hour service to 9am to 4pm service only, Monday through Friday, and maybe Saturday. Not good for a 24 hour air ambulance service.

I found a loop hole and we will soon have our own fuel tank and WILL NOT be buying from the FBO.

The old Conway airport was being run by a guy that was, um, a less than desirable candidate. He drove off pretty much all the business. The new airport hired in fresh and it's a major improvement. It actually runs like an airport instead of a guy's personal airstrip.

FWIW, BGF_Yankee runs one of the nicest best run airports I've ever been to.

Not a paid endorsement... unless you count use of the crew car as such. Lol...

The old Conway airport was being run by a guy that was, um, a less than desirable candidate. He drove off pretty much all the business. The new airport hired in fresh and it's a major improvement. It actually runs like an airport instead of a guy's personal airstrip.

I still gotta figure out how to drive to the new airport.

A few years ago, I drove to the old airport hoping to get some hangar space until my house was done. I didn't even bother to get out of the car.

Like our airport manager. He is also city attorney and was the city manager but was fired from that job. Seems like the airport budget disappears every year, and nothing gets done at the airport.

The new managers of the FBO are putting in self serve pumps without help from the city. The FBO had to do something, they went from 24 hour service to 9am to 4pm service only, Monday through Friday, and maybe Saturday. Not good for a 24 hour air ambulance service.

I found a loop hole and we will soon have our own fuel tank and WILL NOT be buying from the FBO.

What airport?

I heard it was a Lear 23 since they give those away full of fuel to boot.

A couple times a year one will land here.....

And the local rent a cop will chase the guy down the taxiway and have the 750.00 ticket written out before the pilot has shut off the motors.....

Always makes for great entertainment on the ramp...:D:D...:redface:

A couple times a year one will land here.....

And the local rent a cop will chase the guy down the taxiway and have the 750.00 ticket written out before the pilot has shut off the motors.....

Always makes for great entertainment on the ramp...:D:D...:redface:

Former Airport Manager here although I don't get the LR23 joke. FWIW I once got "pulled over" by airport PD on the ramp for in their words "Speeding on the runway." I was being trained on the friction tester which consisted of an F-450 with a massive water tank in back. Tower asked us to expedite for an arrival and I'm sure we somehow hit north of 100 mph.

Also, apparently using that story while summoned to jury duty when asked about speeding tickets won't get you a free pass.

Former Airport Manager here although I don't get the LR23 joke. FWIW I once got "pulled over" by airport PD on the ramp for in their words "Speeding on the runway." I was being trained on the friction tester which consisted of an F-450 with a massive water tank in back. Tower asked us to expedite for an arrival and I'm sure we somehow hit north of 100 mph.

Also, apparently using that story while summoned to jury duty when asked about speeding tickets won't get you a free pass.

Not a joke..... Jackson Hole is the only airport in the world located in a National Park..... Stage 3 and up engines allowed.... Lears, Citations Gulfstreams and all other noisy engines get fined 750.00 on the first offense.. NO questions asked....

Most violators will pay the fine since it is cheaper then installing a 1/2 million dollar hush kit...

Okay, no PM back yet, so no closer to solving the mystery. Thanks Andrew, I appreciate the kind words. It's not something that happens overnight. As they say, it takes years to make a reputation...seconds to lose it.

Okay, no PM back yet, so no closer to solving the mystery. Thanks Andrew, I appreciate the kind words. It's not something that happens overnight. As they say, it takes years to make a reputation...seconds to lose it.
And it takes longer to get it back after losing it than it took to get it in the first place.

I still gotta figure out how to drive to the new airport.

A few years ago, I drove to the old airport hoping to get some hangar space until my house was done. I didn't even bother to get out of the car.

Dave Ward Rd west, left on Lollie Rd and follow for three miles. Or jus fly in. It's about 10-15 min flight.

Day 2 waiting on the return PM and the suspense is killing me! Seriously...why ask us to PM you if you aren't going to reply? Sigh...oh well.

Day 2 waiting on the return PM and the suspense is killing me! Seriously...why ask us to PM you if you aren't going to reply? Sigh...oh well.
I'm sure Jesse has a good reason for not yet replying,
but the suspense is killing the rest of us too.

My guess is that . . .
No. I'll wait for Jesse to announce it. If I'm right I don't want to spoil his fun. If I'm wrong, I don't want to have to admit it.

Jessie is not responding? The intrigue increases. So does the suspense! What happened to him? what is the problem?

Maybe he got kidnapped by the enemy? Who is the enemy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back