Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
I'm sitting in the airport on the big island and have noticed a fe
Code:
w things.
As we drove into the terminal, there was a sign that said: cell phone parking. So, why would someone want to park their cell phone?
What was more interesting was when I asked several people what it meant and none knew!

I never thought these letters were true, until I was checking in at LAX...

A sign on a restaurant says: no drinks outside. So I,order tea and ask why I can't take it outside, and the lady behind the counter says I can. I point to the sign. She says, oh, that means DRINKS. I say, well, isn't tea a drink?
No, she says: drinks from the bar!
Oh.

Poor guy hits the door leaving the men's room while wildly flailing his arms -- orientalfella.

I wonder how that happened while I wildly waive my hands and,arms first under the water,tap, then under what,I,think might dispense soap; no joy. Then, under the hand dryer.
Wonder what happened to that guy as I try to open the door.

Who are these folks with,multiple empty glasses in front of them at airport bars at two in the afternoon?

Who are these folks with,multiple empty glasses in front of them at airport bars at two in the afternoon?

They're the folks that can't get in to one of the airline member lounges that offers free booze....

People that got screwed over and have a many hour delay that wasn't supposed to happen.

They're the folks that can't get in to one of the airline member lounges that offers free booze....
Sadly, I don't think there are any at KOA (at least not for any of the major airlines). HNL at least has AA IIRC.

It seems like UA flight from HNL have mechanical issues quite often, so I always end up with food vouchers. $15 on ice cream makes for an entertaining afternoon!!!

Btw. Dave, I have learned something from you that is quite invaluable - now I never order less than two drinks at once. But vodka shots in pairs with a bunch of pro horse jumpers can evidently be quite dangerous. I blame you! ;)

Dave: You sound like you're having entirely too much fun. Keep at it!

I'm sitting in the airport on the big island and have noticed a few things.
As we drove into the terminal, there was a sign that said: cell phone parking. So, why would someone want to park their cell phone?
What was more interesting was when I asked several people what it meant and none knew!

We have this at SEA, as well. It is a parking lot for people who are waiting folks arriving on a flight. Your arriving party calls you on your cell phone and you come pick them up. Beats driving in circles around the airport.

cell phone parking. So, why would someone want to park their cell phone?

TSA wont let you park at the terminal pickup anymore. At least not at IAH they wont. Your party has to go to the pickup point then you have to get in line to pick them up. If you get to the front of the line in your car and they aren't there.. its an automatic go around.

The cell phone lot is intended for private vehicles to be parked with the driver present, and when they are summoned, they drive up to pick up their passenger.

I took it a step farther, and when I pick up at IAH, I have the party walk down to the far end onto the sidewalk where the pickup area ends.. and I drive around the line, swoop in, throw the door open, load bags and gone in 10 seconds before the cops can even say "you cant do that". Cant accuse me of loitering for sure.

Finally got to Maui-- feel more better now. Just finishing the main meal.
D

Attachments

• IMAG0099.jpg
    IMAG0099.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
And I picked NEXT week to go to Dallas.......

Dave, we mighta had dinner or something, but now I know you have a mean streak. :D:D:D

Weird dreams last night! All I seem to remember is pulling stings on bows with very tiny strings <g>.
Windy here. Ladies are having a time keeping short skirts down--a REAL problem <g>
Great snorkeling today-saw one turtle but couldn't get the camera ready before he dove.

Love to see you in Dallas Keith; just won't be there next week.

Dave

Nobody can replace Dave, but some of us lesser lights will be around here next week if things get slow for you.

And I picked NEXT week to go to Dallas.......

Dave, we mighta had dinner or something, but now I know you have a mean streak. :D:D:D

They are working on our runway at S49 and they are the nicest men. They placed a big X right where I need to land on the cross wind runway so I can get stopped before I get to where they are working. Makes it nice!

Sunset at Pacific'o last night for dinner.
Felix suggested we try this and it was great.

Attachments

• IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Certainly not keyed up like at home. We are doing a lot, but in a laid back manner. Snorkeled this morning; glass bottom boat this afternoon. Does sport eating count <g>

Best,

Dave

Nobody can replace Dave, but some of us lesser lights will be around here next week if things get slow for you.

I'll be in town Monday night and Tuesday night. I'm teaching a class Tues and Wed due East of DFW, near I-35E.
Shoot me a PM (I think you can even e-mail from here) if you are available (Wayne, Spike, Troy...)
I arrive at DFW about 1630 local Monday. Tuesday I'll be done with teaching by 1500.
Mexican, a piece of dead cow, a cold beer???????

Back