Airport Courtesy Cars App Now on the Web

retpd2001

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
retpd2001

We just completed a major upgrade to Airport Courtesy Cars App, which now makes the app available on ALL devices, including the web. Please upgrade your app to the latest version. If your phone does not support the app, then go to our new website, www.airportcourtesycars.com The site is mobile friendly and you can place its icon to your phone or tablet screen. Both versions show Google maps for each state, the app version still shows the entire US map which some people prefer. The site currently lists over 1560 cars. Thanks for your input and contact us with any questions, new listings, or corrections to airportcars101@gmail.com And please check out our advertisers and FBO’s who offer you fuel discounts. The app remains free.

Thank you, but I am not sure how it works. For instance I see my home airport listed, KLHM, and I know for a fact there are no cars or transportation available there. It is the same for most airports in my area (no cars or transportation), yet I see most of them listed. How do you validate? Can you put a date that someone last reported there was a car/transportation?

John, thanks for your comments. As far as KLHM is concerned, in that case I went off the AirNav listing that they had a car. This morning I called them and spoke to Richard at the airport. He told me indeed, they have a car, a Jeep Liberty. He said it might have been gone when you inquired. He also added that there is a $5 admin fee that he described as a legal thing. I have upgraded the listing. As far as validation, I depend on people like you to send me corrections and errors and I get them fixed. If you know of any others, please let me know. The quickest was is to send me an email at airportcars101@gmail.com. As far as your idea on showing a date, that is a great idea and I will begin doing that on all new listings. Thanks for your input. Glenn

Awesome idea. I believe KORL has a courtesy car at either FBO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the definition of "Crew Car"?

What is the definition of "Courtesy Transportation"?

What is the definition of "Courtesy Transportation"?

That is a good question. Most of those listings I have come across in places like AirNav, and I leave them as I find them for the user to call first and confirm. On one listing they called it a crew car and when I asked, they were very specific in telling me they would not loan the car to GA pilots, only "professional crews". I reflected the listing to say that. "Courtesy Transportation" can be anything from the mechanic giving you a ride in his pick up, to a Mercedes courtesy car. When I have the specifics, I list them. So bottom line, always call first.....

I can't wait till driverless cars are everywhere and most cities have a service of some kind.

As Glenn already answered, it can differ so call and verify.
I have been denied access to an available crew car before because I was not crew, I was Joe Schmoe who was not rich enough to fly jets. Some FBOs have very strange (and usually different) criteria so check with them to be sure you can get a car.

John, thanks for your comments. As far as KLHM is concerned, in that case I went off the AirNav listing that they had a car. This morning I called them and spoke to Richard at the airport. He told me indeed, they have a car, a Jeep Liberty. He said it might have been gone when you inquired. He also added that there is a $5 admin fee that he described as a legal thing. I have upgraded the listing. As far as validation, I depend on people like you to send me corrections and errors and I get them fixed. If you know of any others, please let me know. The quickest was is to send me an email at airportcars101@gmail.com. As far as your idea on showing a date, that is a great idea and I will begin doing that on all new listings. Thanks for your input. Glenn

Interesting, I have had a hangar there for years and never knew about the Jeep. Richard does run the place (he works for the City). The office isn't open on weekends or after hours, except by appointment, so I am thinking the car is there for turbines that buy a lot of gas.

Back