Airport community development

David Flynn

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
David Flynn
Hey everyone, I am working on a platform called Hangaround that aims to help airports build and engage with their community. It allows you to join airport groups and participate in conversations pertaining to that airport. Airport information is open-source, so any airport member can add or edit information.

What are some challenges you face when trying to connect with local pilots or find airport information?

I like this idea, David. Keep us posted on any further developments.

Based on another thread, ramp fees and how much they cost.

A really big one is the muck/yuck when it comes to hangar building expansions. You never know what state things are in, you hear lots of talk, rumors and theories but never a "We are now in this part of the process....". Its seems like pilots are always curious - are there any hangars available, will the building and/or are there any for private sale.

Another one is knowing more in advance of when airport work will be done. We fly into a airport by my folks place. My dad told me they are extending the runway this summer. But we have no idea if it will be incremental, etc. Maybe this would be more like a early alert if you tag that airport as being of interest.

Back