Airplane Rentals North of Jacksonville, FL

SkyChaser

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
SkyChaser
I am looking for a rental to do a little bit of flying and try to keep at least some of my skills from rusting irreparably. I've been doing some online research and contacting the FBOs at the airports around me, but have been striking out in a rather spectacular way. Does anyone have any personal experience with the area just north of Jax that could give me some pointers as to places to look into? I'm right over the FL/GA border, roughly half hour north of Fernandina Beach, if that helps get a general geographical idea. :)

If there's anyone in the area who has a plane sitting around that just wants someone to fly it, I suppose I could help out with that, too. ;)

Last edited:
North of jacksonville is a big place ;)
How far North? I'm South of there so not at all familiar...not to mention extremely rusty and out of the game.... but I remember there being a school/rental operation in Fernandina. I never rented from them but looked once a long time ago when comparing rental rates in the area.
Further north I would have thought St Simons and/or Brunswick would have had something.

I have rented from Acent aviation at HEG. Decent enough flight school.
https://www.a-centaviation.com/
yeah, getting a link to their site I see they have a location in Fernandina.
I will say this...the November model 172 they have at HEG (6341J) is a tired old dog...as is the French built 172F (7989U)...or at least they were when I rented last a couple years ago. Looks like they have two of those French 172's now. Interesting. Somebody must be importing them now days...???
Anyway, they were tired but they fly at least!!

I was just looking at Acent's fleet. They used to have a much nicer 172S model on the line. Too rich for my blood but it looked nicer from a distance. Maybe that's the one that is at FHB now....

If it's within your range, I suppose you already looked at CRG. Bunch of stuff there, but I'm not familiar

I’d say the only just north of JAX would be Acent Fernandina Beach. Acent at HEG was mentioned on the west side. My friend runs a flight school there. I’m sure you could rent their C150. Could knock out your rotor wing in their S300 while you’re at it.

Last edited:
Okay, updated initial post to include more specific location. :) I'm just over the FL/GA border, so about halfway between St. Simon's Island area and Fernandina Beach. I haven't run across anything mentioning Accent yet - I'll look into that and see what I can find out!

Did you try Manning Aviation at Brunswick?

I'd be a lot more help if you were still in the Midwest but no, you followed your family and then hooked up with some guy. It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Did you try Manning Aviation at Brunswick?

I'd be a lot more help if you were still in the Midwest but no, you followed your family and then hooked up with some guy. It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Oh, I forgot about that one. I'm going to blame it on having traumatic memories of the Brunswick airport (that's the airport I flew in and out of while we were dating. :p) and so I blocked it out.

And if I were still in the Midwest, I'd be flying the Archer and wouldn't need any help. :D

Oh, I forgot about that one. I'm going to blame it on having traumatic memories of the Brunswick airport (that's the airport I flew in and out of while we were dating. :p) and so I blocked it out.

And if I were still in the Midwest, I'd be flying the Archer and wouldn't need any help. :D

Manning doesn’t rent anymore. They sold the last 172 rental last year. They sell hangar space and gas. That’s it. No active CFI on their field either.

Manning doesn’t rent anymore. They sold the last 172 rental last year. They sell hangar space and gas. That’s it. No active CFI on their field either.

Thanks for the information! That's really helpful!

Back