Airplane landed on I-355

You know, I hope the fire department never has to write about me... But if they do, this is what I hope they say:

"""
In a Facebook post, the Bolingbrook Fire Department said "Just another day doing what we do. This pilot did a fantastic job landing on I-355 after an engine failure. No vehicles were involved, and the plane and pilot were unscathed."
"""

Desperate for an AME, someone forgot to tell them Doc Bruce's office is actually AT the airport.

Took me 1.5 h to get home ( normally around 30-40 minutes ) trying to avoid 88/355 as Google Maps was still showing dark red/purple for miles around that spot … and that was around 5:30 pm , about 3 hours after the actual landing. Not sure what the hell was still happening there, perhaps people just slowing down and checking out the plane on the side of the highway… highly irritating albeit certainly much less so than landing that plane on the highway :)

Took me 1.5 h to get home ( normally around 30-40 minutes ) trying to avoid 88/355 as Google Maps was still showing dark red/purple for miles around that spot … and that was around 5:30 pm , about 3 hours after the actual landing. Not sure what the hell was still happening there, perhaps people just slowing down and checking out the plane on the side of the highway… highly irritating albeit certainly much less so than landing that plane on the highway :)

With over 200 social media sites out there I'm certain that a few folks had to slow down and/or stop to get some good high quality video ... o_O

There is a term for that… it’s called gapers delay. It was actually coined in Chicago.

That reminds me, I owe some tolls. I always forget to go back to the website.

Back