Airplane abuse

Arm3

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Arm3
This was tough to watch that happen to an old plane. Despite the large quantities of stupid I’m glad nobody got hurt, there was plenty of potential for it.

“WhistlinDiesel also went viral when he had a near death experience with a bullet. He was testing a long arm rifle to see whether its bullets would pass through the steel plates on the ground. One of the shots landed on the plates at the wrong angle which caused the bullet to deflect and graze his forehead just missing the centre of his head. It was a .50 calibre bullet which was launched from a distance of 4 feet. Fortunately the CT scans revealed that there was no damage to his skull.”

So... he's created a following of people who like to watch a guy acting like an idiot... and he's laughing all the way to the bank. Ok, I guess, if you have the stomach for it.

Yup. All the way to the bank. Some people do it all the way to.........

I think he bought it as scrap and thought he could use it as an off road vehicle for a few hours of fun. Never intended to fly it. Of course he found out it’s not as easy as it looks to taxi a tail dragger on rough terrain. The guy even warned him it was easy to tip.

PS> if they weren’t drunk, then god are they stupid.

I see a future Darwin award recipient! I love youtube in so many ways (how to and flying vids of course), but I think the vast majority of the younger generations only see it as a way to fame and fortune at any cost.

I see a future Darwin award recipient! I love youtube in so many ways (how to and flying vids of course), but I think the vast majority of the younger generations only see it as a way to fame and fortune at any cost.
That's one way to look at it. Another way might be that they are actors. This is the part they play for the videos. It's a character, and perhaps they aren't like this in real life, but they found a niche and are exploiting this. The fact that everyone above takes for face-value that what they watch on YouTube is an accurate representation of what is actually going on behind the camera, concerns me.

That's one way to look at it. Another way might be that they are actors. This is the part they play for the videos. It's a character, and perhaps they aren't like this in real life, but they found a niche and are exploiting this. The fact that everyone above takes for face-value that what they watch on YouTube is an accurate representation of what is actually going on behind the camera, concerns me.

Very true...as someone that has worked in the TV industry for 20+ years, seen that all too often. TV Anchors come across warm and fuzzy on air, but IRL are some of the nastiest people you could ever meet!

That being said...still sucks to see an airplane nearly destroyed.

I think he bought it as scrap and thought he could use it as an off road vehicle for a few hours of fun. Never intended to fly it. Of course he found out it’s not as easy as it looks to taxi a tail dragger on rough terrain. The guy even warned him it was easy to tip.

I think this. I don’t think anyone with aviating in their blood could do that to a plane, even a scrapped one. That hurt to watch.

they found a niche and are exploiting this.
Agree

They found their 'brand' and are running with it.. hell all of us watched it. He just moved up a few notches in a YouTube algorithm..

not everyone watched it

The guy has his schtick, and it clearly works for him. At least nosing over an old airplane didn't put him in too much danger. It would have been worse had he actually gotten off the ground. Quite a bit worse, I suspect.

I gotta say, his line about screwing the prop to the deck and seeing if the plane would spin around while the engine ran cracked me up. I guess I'm his target market.

Anyone remember the show Jack@ss on MTV? This is just the next generation of tomfoolery.

I've said it before -- Idiocracy was intended as comedy, but I think it was actually just a glimpse of the inevitable future.

Back