Airliner loops?

Making mountains out of molehills: It's what we do.

I went for the bait and assumed that the pilot dropped the nose to build speed, pulled up, reduced power going over the top and made a two G recovery to level flight. I was disappointed to learn that this was not the case, and only a 360 turn was performed.
"Y'all hang on back there! I'm only doing this once so you can see the lights better."

I went for the bait and assumed that the pilot dropped the nose to build speed, pulled up, reduced power going over the top and made a two G recovery to level flight. I was disappointed to learn that this was not the case, and only a 360 turn was performed.
"Y'all hang on back there! I'm only doing this once so you can see the lights better."
The problem with doing an actual properly-performed loop is that passengers on one side of the plane still get to see the borealis.

CNN is a disgraceful piece of trash.
For that?
They are late to the party, if they only published it today. It's in the travel section, where it belongs, not in "real" news.
It's still better than Faux news, which truly deserves the name based on their recent admissions.

Can we just agree that they all suck? Makes the mods' lives easier. :p :p

Don't have an opinion on 'loops' - maybe it implies something different overseas? Certainly I can't get all that bothered by pilots doing a 360 to give the pax something cool to see. Hell, I've requested a vector just to get a better pic of the airport where I've soloed. ;)

For that?
They are late to the party, if they only published it today. It's in the travel section, where it belongs, not in "real" news.
It's still better than Faux news, which truly deserves the name based on their recent admissions.
I cut cable a few years ago, but CNN was recently on at an FBO I was at and I was absolutely floored by how "tabloid-y" and sensationalistic it was. It seemed like a parody

I agree, they're all bad. My Google news feed has learned enough about me that it only sends aviation and skiing related content :)

Trying to pick which compromised news is worse than the other is like trying to choose which runaway sister-wife is the homeliest ...

I cut cable a few years ago, but CNN was recently on at an FBO I was at and I was absolutely floored by how "tabloid-y" and sensationalistic it was. It seemed like a parody

I agree, they're all bad. My Google news feed has learned enough about me that it only sends aviation and skiing related content :)
That I can understand.

re which compromised news - yep! I stopped watching the news maybe 25 years ago. I get my weather from noaa. As far as local news goes, I don't need to see the fat guy on channel 10 talk about what some local civic group is complaining about, or what local political scandal he'll talk incoherently about, without benefit of any actual facts.

I seem to remember that years ago pro wrestling had to admit that they were an entertainment organization, rather than a sport, to avoid some sort of regulatory issue. I think we could use something similar for broadcast news, that it's really just a bad reality show, all of them, and remove their protections against lawsuits. Then maybe we can have cute animal tricks for an hour instead of all the garbage. The country would be better off. If you want news, go find a paper...it won't be perfect, but it'll be a little bit better.

This thread seems to have turned into an "I'm more cynical than you" contest! :rofl:

I don’t see this as a big deal whatsoever. You can “loop around” anything. I have looped around the block after leaving home to make sure I closed the garage door.

Come on, guys. If they said the airliners did a 360 or even a circle, half their audience would have no idea what the hell they were talking about.

Some will be really disappointed should they ever go to see the Chicago Loop.

It wasn't a loop, it was flat spin.

If fairness.. technically in parlance a "loop de loop" is one that takes you upside down.. a "loop" is ambiguous.. "we went hiking, took the summit loop trail". How else would they write this..? "pilot makes a right 360?" remember the catered-to audience must be the lowest common denominator

Can we just agree that they all suck? Makes the mods' lives easier. :p :p...

true....wouldn't want to see someone else get banned because a mod disagrees with what they said.

If they said the airliners did a 360 or even a circle, half their audience would have no idea what the hell they were talking about.

this gives me an idea. Maybe CNN could have a second audio channel. Instead of Spanish, it could be CNN audio for those who have at least a GED. And then the main audio can dumb down the news for those who don’t know what a 360 is.

haha he said "trigger"

it's an indictment on our media, obviously

Back