Airfish-8

Fiveslide

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Fiveslide
This looks awesome!

That's going in my cart for when I have stupid money

As long as you never need to actually go anywhere other than coastal locations, I guess it’s sort of cool. I’d rather have an airplane that can go places.

As long as you never need to actually go anywhere other than coastal locations, I guess it’s sort of cool. I’d rather have an airplane that can go places.

Yeah, that's why I did it would have to wait until I had stupid money. :D

Cause you need a Cirrus for the rest of your travel needs!

Russians did it long ago, and did it big.

300px-Lun_Ekranoplan.jpg

so8ubu5yn2b01.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Ekranoplan_A-90_Orlyonok_-_edit.jpg

I remember seeing the Airfish or similar in a Popular Science mag back in the 80s or 90s. I really got into researching all the WIG vehicles out there. Too bad there's no good reason to exploit the benefits, the science is pretty cool IMHO.

Too bad there's no good reason to exploit the benefits, the science is pretty cool IMHO.
Having a boat that hasn't any friction wth the water is actually pretty cool. Problem is flying it in ground effect for a long time (and not climbing or crashing). That, and I suspect the water has to be fairly smooth to support the operation.

I imagine it would be exhausting to fly. Look at how much they're manipulating the controls for what otherwise seems like straight-and-level.

Back