Aircraft operating under part91, entering MOA

John777

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Louis
I heard from somebody that part91 AC can still enter MOA but will not be protected.
If I am correct, could you guys please post here below the credible FAA reference?

When I was learning Private, my instructor told me to verify if it is hot or cold.
So even though it is hot, we can still enter right?

I heard from somebody that part91 AC can still enter MOA but will not be protected.
If I am correct, could you guys please post here below the credible FAA reference?
AIM 3-4-5 might be what you're looking for.

Sure can, just be sure to wear your eagle eyes when doing so. However it's not something I'd recommend while it's hot.

Answered above. But now I'm wondering something. Does Part 135 prohibit VFR flights in active MOA's?

By "part91 AC" I'm assuming you mean VFR. Exactly what do you mean by "protected?" ATC can and often does continue to give you traffic advisories if you are with them on flight following. The military agency using the MOA usually monitors the airspace and will try their best not to hit you if they know you are there.

Back