Aircraft Mover in Cali

Rob58

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Rob
Anyone have a lead for me on an aircraft moving service? I have a couple of planes that I need moved... one from the Bay area and another from near the Oregon border, both down to SoCal. Aircraft are in pieces so no disassembly required, but it will take a couple of strong bodies to get these parts onto a trailer. Appreciate any leads!

PS - also have a plane in Iowa to move, but first things first.

Thanks!

Appreciate any leads!
May try calling some of the aircraft salvage yards in the region to see who they use. Some yards have their own trailers as well and if slow may offer to move it for you for decent price. There is/was a large salvage business in northern CA I had dealt with that may put you in the right direction. Good people. Called Firth, Faith, or something like that.

I would think Amy shipping company would be able to ship parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May try calling some of the aircraft salvage yards in the region to see who they use. Some yards have their own trailers as well and if slow may offer to move it for you for decent price. There is/was a large salvage business in northern CA I had dealt with that may put you in the right direction. Good people. Called Firth, Faith, or something like that.

Kenny Faeth in Sacramento. Good honest people.

https://www.faethaircraft.com

Dennis James owns Plain Parts in Pleasant Grove, just north of Sacramento. He's in the aircraft recovery and storage business and has the equipment and crew for moving singles and light twins on trucks.

Plain Parts

If they are in pieces, all you need is to get em on pallets and call a trucking company and have em send out a truck with a liftgate unless you have a forklift. Probably even ask about a truckload or footage rate rather than an LTL rate.

Give these guys a call. They move aircraft, mainly disassemble and export.

International Aircraft Services, LLC,
20511 Skywest Dr, Hayward 94541
510-670-4700

Faeth Aircraft, Sacramento. Tell Kenny I said hi.

Paul

Thank you for all of the good leads... getting in touch with them now. Really appreciate the help!

Back