Aircraft Mfg company for sale......

I couldn't open the brochure that goes with the ad, so maybe it's in there, but there is no mention of the Type Certificates. Found makes (or made) TC aircraft as well.

I can only see the first 32 of the alledgedly over 500 lots. However, since they don't mention the paperwork, I suspect we should take it at the face value: You're buying the assets of the manufacturing facility, not the aircraft company (and it's TC's etc...) itself.

So, without the TC's, you are buying a company that could make airplanes, but where you can't actually make and assemble a whole aircraft for sale. You could make kits and parts, but not a salable, assembled aircraft.

Parry sound is in nice country! Not far from Henry's famous fly in boat in resturant. Looks like a capable airplane too. Georgian bay is beautiful.

They aren't selling a COMPANY. They are auctioning off piecemeal a manufacturing facility. The lots are things like a couple of airplanes and various tools, etc...

Mooney is now a Chinese Company. "China's aviation business is booming, and this would not be the first time a Chinese company has bought an American plane maker. Cirrus, founded in 1984 in Minnesota, was picked up by China Aviation Company in 2011"...Forbes/BusinessInsider
Sad but true.

Mooney was purchased by a SoCal company, headed by a man with two PhD's from US universities. He is Oriental with a Chinese name; his company is based in The Republik of Kalifornia, so it's debatable if it's actually American or not; so much of Kalifornia is at odds with the rest of the country.

Cirrus, on the other hand, is owned by the Chinese government's aviation arm.

Didn't the (Grumman) Tiger line get bought out by the Chinese as well?

I noticed no TC, too. Looks like they are folding up shop, but maybe holding onto the TCs?

Might do OK on buying one of the two finished AC in the auction, but the buyer fees make it difficult...

Anyone know the back story?

Mooney was purchased by a SoCal company, headed by a man with two PhD's from US universities. He is Oriental with a Chinese name; his company is based in The Republik of Kalifornia, so it's debatable if it's actually American or not; so much of Kalifornia is at odds with the rest of the country.

Cirrus, on the other hand, is owned by the Chinese government's aviation arm.
I thought he just put the money together. Did someone figure out who the actual owners are?

Back