Aircraft down in Dayton

tmyers

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Tim Myers
Aircraft departing KMGY reported down near the intersection of of I675 and I75. Two survivors found so far. No word on their condition at this time. The aircraft clipped power lines during what appears to be an emergency landing.

ummm... what?

http://www.local12.com/content/brea...75-Outside-Dayton/GKAxefMH-06f-qJFO6gV7Q.cspx
Police tell WKEF-TV that the pilot admitted to drinking.

The FAA is investigating. Right now, it's unclear why the plane went down, but on its way down, police say it crashed into a couple of power lines.

Police say that the two victims in the plane were both adult men. It's unclear where they were coming from or going to, but they were up and walking when authorities arrived and shouting for help.

The pilot also told police he knew he was going down so he shut off his fuel lines, which is why it wasn't a "gruesome" plane crash -- and likely why he and his passenger survived.

Story.jpg

N199Q, says registry pending so it must be a relatively new purchase.

Can you read the tail number on that mooney?

Better pic.

plane_crash_20130312002733_640_480.JPG

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=N199Q

ATTENTION!

This aircraft's registration status may not be suitable for operation.
Please contact the Aircraft Registration Branch at 1-866-762-9434 for additional information.

FAA REGISTRY
N-Number Inquiry Results
N199Q has Assigned/Multiple Records

Aircraft Description
Serial Number 1179 Status Cert Terminated
Manufacturer Name MOONEY Certificate Issue Date None
Model M20E Expiration Date None
Type Aircraft Fixed Wing Single-Engine Type Engine Reciprocating
Pending Number Change None Dealer No
Date Change Authorized None Mode S Code (base 8 / oct) 50305370
MFR Year None Mode S Code (base 16 / hex) A18AF8
Type Registration Individual Fractional Owner NO
Registered Owner
Name REGISTRATION PENDING
Street 4845 VICTORIA AVE

City MIDDLETOWN State OHIO
County BUTLER Zip Code 45044-5410
Country UNITED STATES

First post. I'm returning to flying (SEL) after some years and have been interested in evaluating used aircraft while lurking here. I'd appreciate it if you'd clarify what I think I understand.

1. There are no free price evaluations of aircraft such as is found in the Kelly Blue Book for cars.

2. myairplane.com provides an effective look at the FAA view of GA by tail number by providing the reports they do have.

3. Aircraft tail numbers, "Nxxxxx," are not in use by two aircraft at the same time.

(Note: I ask #3 because of an interesting issue recently that arose in the discussion regarding the new ad rule in "Site Feedback and Support." As one example of a horror story, there is a link to a 1966 "Uboat Mooney," with tail number N199Q clearly showing in the pic, while myairplane.com lists N199Q as being a twin Beech involved in an accident in 1999.)

I don't yet belong to AOPA, so do I have any options when it comes to getting advice on price or gear that's no longer supportable or possibly constructed from unobtanium?

Thanks.

So it has now been crashed twice....I hear third time's times a charm!

Anybody looking for a project?

Excuse my ignorance here. N9218M is the same aircraft? Salvage? It doesn't look damaged just parted out.

Excuse my ignorance here. N9218M is the same aircraft? Salvage? It doesn't look damaged just parted out.

It was salvaged and the N number was changed.:D There were several pictures of the before and after showing the same panel, even with the old N number on the panel of the "new" plane.:mad2:

I mean of course you don't drink and fly, but to say "Oh yeah, I was waaasted lol" to the police arriving on the scene is amazing.

There is a certain party in or about Tennessee who may or may not have a history of putting pieces of salvage airplanes back together and selling them on Ebay.

Looks like that dude rooked someone into buying the Uboat Mooney. I hope he gets his six sued off, so he can't attempt to murder anyone else.

Not the kind of night wx most of us fly in.

KMGY 120153Z AUTO 26012G17KT 10SM SCT021 BKN027 OVC050 04/01 A2980 RMK AO2 SLP095 T00440006

Not the kind of night wx most of us fly in.

KMGY 120153Z AUTO 26012G17KT 10SM SCT021 BKN027 OVC050 04/01 A2980 RMK AO2 SLP095 T00440006

I was up on a test hop in a Navajo and we were getting bounced around and were held down low.

But it really wasn't all that bad.

Hard to believe those avionics still worked after being submerged.

Looks like that dude rooked someone into buying the Uboat Mooney. I hope he gets his six sued off, so he can't attempt to murder anyone else.

If the buyer was inclined to fly it after drinking, that might explain how he became the buyer in the first place!

Hmmmm..

FAA spokeperson Tony Molinaro said the plane is a “small Mooney aircraft.” According to the FAA website, Morgan has been a pilot since July 2012..

High time:no: pilot minted last year... What could possibly go wrong..:dunno:;)

Hmmmm..

FAA spokeperson Tony Molinaro said the plane is a “small Mooney aircraft.” According to the FAA website, Morgan has been a pilot since July 2012..

High time:no: pilot minted last year... What could possibly go wrong..:dunno:;)

If the original story proves true, he'll be newly unminted shortly.

Dave, drop the hate, had it been a cirrus they would have had more options

There is not anything concerning about that.

I don't know too many low time vfr pilots that would go out joy riding in that wx, along with moonset at 8:56 PM. Of course we know he did not have very good ADM skills when he flew after drinking. Another couple of lucky guys.

Back