Aircraft detail

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
I had 08Romeo detailed Saturday. CAVU Aircraft Detailing did a great job! The years sitting on the ramp took a toll but Ivan really made it pop. My Bride could not get over how white and bright 08Romeo turned out. I am going to have him do the plane twice a year, spring and fall.

Attachments

• prop.JPG
    prop.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 117
  • left.JPG
    left.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 103
  • right side.JPG
    right side.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 114
  • wing reflections.JPG
    wing reflections.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 100
Looks great, the paint looks perfect!

Looks good. Mind if I ask a price?

Lookin' good, Gary!

Thanks!
I did add the interior too, before he got started.
08R is a1980 Sundowner.
Price- there are prices on CAVU's web page. I guess it would depend on condition of your paint and type of aircraft. It was a multi step process, wash then a polish and finally a sealer coat that really made it shine. It was an all day job @ eight hours. Pm sent.

Last edited:
The downside is, by not doing it yourself, you didn't gain a true appreciation for the term "surface area." Or, maybe more to the point, "upside down surface area!" :)

That looks great Gary!

The downside is, by not doing it yourself, you didn't gain a true appreciation for the term "surface area." Or, maybe more to the point, "upside down surface area!" :)
If you have someone you can trust to do a good job, I don't see that as a down side at all. I gained an appreciation by watching the guy detail my 172 a few years ago. I only watched for the first half hour and the last half hour of an 8 hour job.

Thanks!
I did add the interior too, before he got started.
08R is a1980 Sundowner.
Price- there are prices on CAVU's web page. I guess it would depend on condition of your paint and type of aircraft. It was a multi step process, wash then a polish and finally a sealer coat that really made it shine. It was an all day job @ eight hours. Pm sent.

http://cavuaircraftdetailing.com/what-we-charge.html

I would consider that reasonable to have someone else spend all day doing... :yesnod:

Upside down surface area, as well as oil on the belly scrubbing. I can no longer wash and wax on the same day, it's a killer ... especially the upside down LOW WING work.

Back