Aircraft Broker - Sunset Career

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
So I am playing the back-nine of my corporate career, figure I have another two or three good years left before I hang up the spurs to the daily grind...

To keep myself busy and to fund my 100LL habit I am looking at a few things, one being real estate (already have the license) and another aviation related... Thought of CFI, but with my temperament..... hmmm maybe not..

With that I am thinking of starting up a brokerage for GA aircraft.... I know there are ton of these out there along with Trade-A-Plane, Barnstomers, etc.. and it may be a little tough, but a challenge non the less... My question would be outside of possibly the need for a commercial rating are there any other requirements to hang a shingle and get started?

Thanks

Don't forget the multi...
And you should probably start going to S&F, OSH, etc to start understanding what's out there. Depending on your experience, maybe get some seat time in various models so you talk intelligently about the products you are representing and be able to fly them. Insurance companies usually require 5-10 minimum in a type.

Have you considered contract killing?
No one ever suspects the old, chubby, bald guy with the oldster walk and glasses.
Access to a plane gives you the perfect means of getting rid of bodies and other evidence.
Think about it.

I did contemplate pursuing a career as a protoligist half through the my work life... Care to ventur why?

Back