Help a fellow PoAer out in starting his new brokerage...

Tampico Trauma

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mauled Formerly known as Tampico Trauma
Hey Friends, and enemies, and eman,

I am embarking on a new adventure in the form of an aircraft brokerage of sorts. Specializing in single and light twins and a full-service acquisition service long term using several vetted insurance and financing referrals in order to fulfill my passion to serve the aviation community and maybe turn a buck or two in the process.

The website is a short ways away from being live, but I'm looking for a few of you who would be interested in being charter customers...selling.... maybe you've listed your plane on here and TaP and Barnstormers?

I'm not asking for any big commissions for the first little bit, just some pretty birds to have on the website as I embark on this journey. We could decide what's fair. West-coast located would be prime, but I plan to work with the new generation of aircraft classifieds long term and see what happens from there.

What makes me different than the other scumbag brokers?

Full information. Scanned logs upon request, comprehensive photos, truth in disclosures.

Quality. In the last 18 months I've purchased two airplanes, sold one, and have looked at well over 100. Only two made the cut.

Comprehensive buying experience. I have and will continue to grow my connections with aircraft financing companies, including one direct lender who has been a dream to work with. An insurance company that can't be beat in service and price, and a network of qualified maintenance professionals for the pre-buy and beyond.

Legacy Aircraft Management. One of my customers in my day job, an old farmer, pitched this idea to me over a cup of coffee last year. Every one of our airports have an old neglected hangar queen that the owner lacks the ability and ambition to keep up to par. We will work with the owner to create a management plan to keep the aircraft airworthy and flyable and help with disposition down the road so the owner can have worry-free ownership while protecting his investment. This could range from simple winterizing and inspection to full on regular exercising of the aircraft by quality, licensed CFI's. When it comes time to sell, we'll be here to help the owner and their family get the best return on their investment and allow them to enjoy as long as possible.

Acquisition services will likely be more of the business than the direct sales in the end. Yes, it's more difficult to monetize, but I will help the customer find the right plane that fits their mission AND budget, even orchestrating and managing partnerships in places where those opportunities exist.

I'm tired of brokers who are just after the sale and not the full-cycle.

Let's make this happen.

/roast away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Friends, and enemies, and eman,

I am embarking on a new adventure in the form of an aircraft brokerage of sorts. Specializing in single and light twins and a full-service acquisition service long term using several vetted insurance and financing referrals in order to fulfill my passion to serve the aviation community and maybe turn a buck or two in the process.

The website is a short ways away from being live, but I'm looking for a few of you who would be interested in being charter customers...selling.... maybe you've listed your plane on here and TaP and Barnstormers?

I'm not asking for any big commissions for the first little bit, just some pretty birds to have on the website as I embark on this journey. We could decide what's fair. West-coast located would be prime, but I plan to work with the new generation of aircraft classifieds long term and see what happens from there.

What makes me different than the other scumbag brokers?

Full information. Scanned logs upon request, comprehensive photos, truth in disclosures.

Quality. In the last 18 months I've purchased two airplanes, sold one, and have looked at well over 100. Only two made the cut.

Comprehensive buying experience. I have and will continue to grow my connections with aircraft financing companies, including one direct lender who has been a dream to work with. An insurance company that can't be beat in service and price, and a network of qualified maintenance professionals for the pre-buy and beyond.

Legacy Aircraft Management. One of my customers in my day job, an old farmer, pitched this idea to me over a cup of coffee last year. Every one of our airports have an old neglected hangar queen that the owner lacks the ability and ambition to keep up to par. We will work with the owner to create a management plan to keep the aircraft airworthy and flyable and help with disposition down the road so the owner can have worry-free ownership while protecting his investment. This could range from simple winterizing and inspection to full on regular exercising of the aircraft by quality, licensed CFI's. When it comes time to sell, we'll be here to help the owner and their family get the best return on their investment and allow them to enjoy as long as possible.

Acquisition services will likely be more of the business than the direct sales in the end. Yes, it's more difficult to monetize, but I will help the customer find the right plane that fits their mission AND budget, even orchestrating and managing partnerships in places where those opportunities exist.

I'm tired of brokers who are just after the sale and not the full-cycle.

Let's make this happen.

/roast away

Dude... How the hell can I trust a guy named Tampico Trauma that flies a Maule? What ever happened to truth in advertising?

All kidding aside, if I were going to sell, I'd absolutely be one of your first clients. You seem a decent feller.

looks like I am neither friend nor foe, although I would certainly prefer to be the former. but I was called out directly, and I am on the hunt. are you looking to do this full time? I'm interested in talking to ya, see what we can come up with. and good luck either way!

You are an easy target, considered a PoAcuaintance and people like you... and my phone autocorrected enemies to eman the first time I wrote it... so yeah. Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. This is going to be a fun adventure.

Not ready to sell yet, but here is a suggestion:
On your web site, list the sales tax advantage of buying and selling through the same broker. My broker did this for me and made it simple for me to legally avoid sales tax on the trade-in value.

Looking for 1 to buy, so if u set something up, u got a prospective buyer. Have some emails out to some brokers and all they try to do is shuv whatever they have down my throat without even reading what my requirements are. So yeah, I am tired of the BS brokers ...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm in the market right now for an Archer. If you come a cross a nice Piper Archer II (1977 or newer), that has low TTAF and low engine hours (or tbo engine for significantly less), I have cash in hand and looking to pull the trigger for the right plane. I'm picky though. I've looked at planes advertised as corrosion free, and found corrosion. I thoroughly go over a plane myself before even turning to a pre-buy.

So, I can be your first customer (or second behind WannFly). I'm challenging you to find me a nice Archer that isn't overpriced! :)

I'm in the market right now for an Archer. If you come a cross a nice Piper Archer II (1977 or newer), that has low TTAF and low engine hours (or tbo engine for significantly less), I have cash in hand and looking to pull the trigger for the right plane. I'm picky though. I've looked at planes advertised as corrosion free, and found corrosion. I thoroughly go over a plane myself before even turning to a pre-buy.

So, I can be your first customer (or second behind WannFly). I'm challenging you to find me a nice Archer that isn't overpriced! :)

Wings of Hope has a nice archer for only $50.

BTW, take a number.....you's guys are customer # 2 and 3 behind eman.

Well, I guess the line forms to the right! Im in the market for a C210, early 70's or up, under 100. There's one in El Cajon you can scope out for me...;)

@Tampico Trauma -- I might have missed it (only skimmed the original post), but are you also gearing up to act as a buyer's rep?

Op might have abondened the idea

OP is working in Mexico and will be back Sunday. Have a few bugs to work out before I go live. Forms will be active on the shiatty website next week. And yes, primary role will be a buyers agent that focuses on the full acquisition including insurance and financing.

Meanwhile I'll leave you with a few shots of my day job hell. February is the only month I have to "work" and it's grueling!
755451f310a4714ebb3afda729b372a9.jpg
c23e85090d04d529c3089bd5060f3adc.jpg
fe5dc0ea1f7be90a5955c61c14afc07a.jpg
2947ecce699247b7d22ce943ece62ba3.jpg

OP is working in Mexico and will be back Sunday. Have a few bugs to work out before I go live. Forms will be active on the shiatty website next week. And yes, primary role will be a buyers agent that focuses on the full acquisition including insurance and financing.

Wohooooo. How about other services like arranging pre-buy etc for people who are far far away?

Have a safe trip back while crossing the wall

Nice to see someone wanting to take the buyer's side of things. Once you have some successful deals done and start building a rep, I bet there will be many folks who will seek your services.

how do u like the Tangos?

Other than the battery shiatting out three months in and having a lightspeed customer service rep fired.... and the Bluetooth has to be on top of the phone to get a clear signal,

They're GRRR-EAT

Other than the battery shiatting out three months in and having a lightspeed customer service rep fired.... and the Bluetooth has to be on top of the phone to get a clear signal,

They're GRRR-EAT

Yikes!

Another question about you becoming a seller's rep....

Would one of the services provided be assisting in obtaining a reliable valuation/appraisal of the aircraft once the search is narrowed down to one or two?

Another question about you becoming a seller's rep....

Would one of the services provided be assisting in obtaining a reliable valuation/appraisal of the aircraft once the search is narrowed down to one or two?
Sellers rep or buyers rep?? Either ways, aircraft valuation is a great tool to have, for people like us looking to buy. There are 2 valuation sites that I know of and none gets even close to accounting for everything people put in a plane. Pretty frustrating when the seller thinks his plane is worth gold and in reality it's not, or may be it is. I can't figure that poop out

Sellers rep or buyers rep?? Either ways, aircraft valuation is a great tool to have, for people like us looking to buy. There are 2 valuation sites that I know of and none gets even close to accounting for everything people put in a plane. Pretty frustrating when the seller thinks his plane is worth gold and in reality it's not, or may be it is. I can't figure that poop out

I agree. I was in touch with someone selling an Archer and when I ran all the options and avionics through the appraisal tool, it was $10k less than they were asking. They refused to budge because they spent a ton installing all this stuff nearly 8 years ago. Amazing how people think they can recoup original costs for outdated equipment.

Vref is a total WAG, and often not accurate.

The Trade-A-Plane guesser is based on the NAAA model and a bit more accurate.

But to get the best number, you need the human brain that is able to take in and evaluate all variables.

My question sorta goes to if I had an interest in the particular aircraft, but the listed asking price was edging on la-la-land, if Tampico would have the knowledge, ability, desire to gather up as many of those variables as possible, do the pencil math, and then go to the seller and use the new valuation as a negotiation tool.

Well, sorry for being out of pocket. Had to go put some prop time in the last few days.

Let's just call this a soft launch:

http://www.pacificflyers.net

Let's talk about how much this service is worth to you as I work on my pricing structure.

didn't get a whole lot time looking into it, but your aircraft search form has >500 hrs SMOH listed as the first choice, think you mean <500

Well, sorry for being out of pocket. Had to go put some prop time in the last few days.

Let's just call this a soft launch:

http://www.pacificflyers.net

Let's talk about how much this service is worth to you as I work on my pricing structure.

holy **** tampico, that search request form needs work. lots of annoyances/bugs.

What's bugging out?

Not picking- just trying to smooth out the first draft!

Wow. Your website has only been up for a day and you're telling eman he doesn't know what he's talking about? Worst customer service ever. I've given you a negative Yelp! review for your attitude. Clearly you don't care about the little guy anymore now that you're a high and mighty airplane broker.

:biggrin:

Wow. Your website has only been up for a day and you're telling eman he doesn't know what he's talking about? Worst customer service ever. I've given you a negative Yelp! review for your attitude. Clearly you don't care about the little guy anymore now that you're a high and mighty airplane broker.

Sorry. Jaded that my new lightspeed ANR's were faded.

FFS... I hope you're joking because I need all the input I can get!

Vref is a total WAG, and often not accurate.

The Trade-A-Plane guesser is based on the NAAA model and a bit more accurate.

But to get the best number, you need the human brain that is able to take in and evaluate all variables.

This is absolutely spot-on. All the pricing engines are vague and don't really take into consideration all the factors. Heck, probably VREF Online was closest for my purchase, and even then, I (the human factor) had to ballpark condition, parts replacements, services coming due, cosmetics (guessing at deduct amount), etc. to approximate an offer price.

After all that, I still managed to peeve-off the first seller. (I have a thread on that somewhere, but it's the typical seller who thinks their airplane is worth much more than it really is.) I found another aircraft and I found that my estimated pricing was pretty much right on the mark. A calm, friendly approach with the sellers and their agent, walking them through my calculations and rationale, worked fine and I made the plane mine. (It's the plane in my avatar.)

I think Tampico Trauma's approach as a buyer's agent will work out well as he'll be able to add those "human evaluated variables" to get a true estimate for the aircraft (instead of the silly online valuation guides that consists of SWAGs.)

What's bugging out?

Not picking- just trying to smooth out the first draft!

"Year Range" has a default, uh, RANGE but you can't enter a range, it only accepts 1 year:
upload_2017-3-13_20-39-2.png

"Budgeted Purchase Amount" has a default, uh, AMOUNT yet it won't accept that amount, you have to re-enter it. All I did here was enter 25k as the down payment but it said it didn't recognmize the purchase amount. I re-entered 45k and it took it.
upload_2017-3-13_20-41-25.png

'maybe' this is nitpicking but when you have a default value in a field, it should go away when you enter that field. when u click in 'Make/Model' your default values should go away. not a big deal.
upload_2017-3-13_20-44-16.png

when you (think) you're all done and click submit:

upload_2017-3-13_20-47-35.png

but when the website realized you goobered something up, it yells at you but after you correct your stuff, the SUBMIT button magically disappears:

upload_2017-3-13_20-45-46.png

you have to go back into the last text field then keep tabbing until it reappears.

otherwise, did you find me a plane yet? :)

"Year Range" has a default, uh, RANGE but you can't enter a range, it only accepts 1 year:
View attachment 52071

"Budgeted Purchase Amount" has a default, uh, AMOUNT yet it won't accept that amount, you have to re-enter it. All I did here was enter 25k as the down payment but it said it didn't recognmize the purchase amount. I re-entered 45k and it took it.
View attachment 52073

'maybe' this is nitpicking but when you have a default value in a field, it should go away when you enter that field. when u click in 'Make/Model' your default values should go away. not a big deal.
View attachment 52074

when you (think) you're all done and click submit:

View attachment 52076

but when the website realized you goobered something up, it yells at you but after you correct your stuff, the SUBMIT button magically disappears:

View attachment 52075

you have to go back into the last text field then keep tabbing until it reappears.

otherwise, did you find me a plane yet? :)

THANK YOU!

After I finish consuming .025 AMUS in craft beer I will proceed into beating the shiat out of my form software that costs several AMU's to maintain.

And I'll find you a plane after you fill out the form... and send me a check

Back