Airbus cockpit panorama

Check out the 'high tech' door stop. Great selling point! I am sold on BOEING aircraft. If Airbus needs a duct tape door stop, what else did they 'forget to design?. flying crap. DaveR

Check out the 'high tech' door stop. Great selling point! I am sold on BOEING aircraft. If Airbus needs a duct tape door stop, what else did they 'forget to design?. flying crap. DaveR

You could give Airbus a break and consider that an aftermarket mod, like the cable that looks to be cable tied with hardware store 3M pads in the cubby behind the Captain's seat. It looks like the wall insulation is exposed there, too?

Last edited:
You could give Airbus a break and consider that an aftermarket mod, liek the cable that looks to be cable tied with hardware store 3M pads in the cubby behind the Captain's seat. It looks like the wall insulation is exposed there, too?

I'm not giving them a break until critical surfaces stop departing their aircraft. :hairraise:

You could give Airbus a break and consider that an aftermarket mod, liek the cable that looks to be cable tied with hardware store 3M pads in the cubby behind the Captain's seat. It looks like the wall insulation is exposed there, too?

I wonder how much of that is because it's the test ship. I'm sure the production models were a bit more...refined. That said, joysticks belong in the Air Force and computers. :rolleyes:

I wonder how much of that is because it's the test ship. I'm sure the production models were a bit more...refined. That said, joysticks belong in the Air Force and computers. :rolleyes:

To each his own. There is no reason why any modern fly by wire airplane should NOT have sidesticks. Saves a heck of a lot of weight.

There is no reason why any modern fly by wire airplane should NOT have sidesticks. Saves a heck of a lot of weight.
Plus you have all that room in front of you and you are not likely to raise your flying buddy's voice a couple octaves when you are doing "controls free and correct".

To each his own. There is no reason why any modern fly by wire airplane should NOT have sidesticks. Saves a heck of a lot of weight.

I actually have nothing against Airbus, or the side stick. It's just fun to make fun of. I have heard that they're kind of a PITA in cross winds, though, as you have to "flash" the stick and can't hold constant pressure. Obviously I've never flown one, but that's what I've been told.

Everskyward said:
Plus you have all that room in front of you and you are not likely to raise your flying buddy's voice a couple octaves when you are doing "controls free and correct".

But that's the only fun the FO gets to have (IOW it's the only way the FO can mess with the CA)! Especially if he's leaning down, that's even more fun; "Flight controls checked/free....ohhh, sorry about your forehead!" :rofl:

I actually have nothing against Airbus, or the side stick. It's just fun to make fun of.

Yeah, but it gets old after awhile for those of us that fly or have flown the airplane.

I have heard that they're kind of a PITA in cross winds, though,

Only til you understand WHY it does what it does and get used to flying it like it needs to be flown.

as you have to "flash" the stick

I THINK I know what you mean, but not sure.

and can't hold constant pressure.

That is because any input commands a roll rate, not a bank angle. You get used to it.

Obviously I've never flown one, but that's what I've been told.

It is like anything else. It takes training, both ground and flight, to understand what is going on and to know how to make it do what you want it to do.

Yeah, but it gets old after awhile for those of us that fly or have flown the airplane.

Sorry Greg, I certainly meant no offense. If it makes you feel any better, I fly turbo-props, so I get made fun of and literally laughed at almost every day I go to work. :cheerswine:

It is like anything else. It takes training, both ground and flight, to understand what is going on and to know how to make it do what you want it to do.
I flew an A320 sim for about 45 minutes after getting a 15 minute brief on the concepts of the sidestick. It didn't take long to get used to it at all, and I had no previous experience with sidesticks.

Sorry Greg, I certainly meant no offense. If it makes you feel any better, I fly turbo-props, so I get made fun of and literally laughed at almost every day I go to work. :cheerswine:

Been there, done that too. Welcome to the industry. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back