Air-to-Air Waco CSO

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
I took some photos of this amazing plane at Oshkosh for the EAA. I knew Justin from Blakesburg and when he told me he was going, I asked him if we could do some air-to-air pics when we were there. He said yes!

This was a tricky shoot. Justin was giving rides all day. I caught him on the ground between rides and told him, "Not this ride, but when you take off for the next ride, fly North to the power plant on the river and I'll intercept you there." He doesn't have a radio, so everything we did was based off of hand signals and it couldn't have gone better. I had my photo pilot go high, and we circled and waited. I saw him flying out, and I took the plane to intercept. I got us in position and gave the plane back to the photo pilot and it was flawless after that. Even the sun cooperated. There was a solid deck and no sun for hours. I figured the shoot would be a bust, but decided to try anyway. Just as we lined up on the river, the sun came out! I got the photos I wanted, and it clouded up and even rained on us a little after we landed. Couldn't have planned it better.

36859542842_a980b70a58_b.jpg

36859541832_e4b2296157_b.jpg

37030607295_b96bb1b7ab_b.jpg

37030606625_3568aa6573_b.jpg

37030605675_b2d62f2645_b.jpg

37030604665_aa6f74a847_b.jpg

37030600005_57aa4f878f_b.jpg

37030598195_5414077cc6_b.jpg

37030604145_246debb374_b.jpg

36222890973_4243b55429_b.jpg

Man, your pictures are unbelievable beautiful!!!

Man, I love old Waycos....

Were is the area that you are flying over? Looks very similar to where I grew up.

Jack, you are planning to attend Gaston's, yes?

Good heavens that's a gorgeous airplane! Awesome pics, Jack.
Thank you. It helps when the plane is a beauty.

Man, your pictures are unbelievable beautiful!!!
Thanks!

Man, I love old Waycos.... Were is the area that you are flying over? Looks very similar to where I grew up.
They sure are pretty and this one is a nice one. EAA will have a story on it soon I believe. This was shot near Ottumwa, IA.

Jack, you are planning to attend Gaston's, yes?
I doubt I will make it. I'm so overwhelmed with upcoming events in Texas, not to mention I'm in Louisville for my day job this week, flying an RV from Texas to Pittsburg this weekend, then may have to come back to Louisville. I need to spend some time at home!!

If not for the four lane in the background, those could well be period shots. Fine job.

My fav threads!

Thanks again for the pics Jack, you really do an awesome job

Sweet...:) Love those landing lights.....
When I was volunteering at Oshkosh, the EAA asked me to do a static photo shoot of this plane. When I saw which plane, I had to laugh. I had already taken photos of it when walking by. The plane is beautiful, but the landing lights really got my attention.

If not for the four lane in the background, those could well be period shots. Fine job.
Thank you!

Great job,nice pictures,thanks.
Thank you.

My fav threads!
Thanks, that means a lot to me!

Thanks again for the pics Jack, you really do an awesome job
Thank you. I enjoy sharing them, glad you enjoy them.

Back