Air-to-Air Sedona, AZ - November 2019

I'm running a day late.
Planning Oceano to kern valley today.
To the Chicken strip on Sunday.
Then hopefully Sedona on Monday afternoon or evening.

So we'll see... is Tuesday possible?

I'm running a day late.
Planning Oceano to kern valley today.
To the Chicken strip on Sunday.
Then hopefully Sedona on Monday afternoon or evening.

So we'll see... is Tuesday possible?
I think we can do Tuesday. Looks like we’ll have bad weather back in Texas anyway!

We are leaving tonight and will be in Prescott with the in-laws.

I am going to fly into Sedona tomorrow and would love to meet up with whoever is there.

I am going to fly into Sedona tomorrow and would love to meet up with whoever is there.

We got in on today's early shift. Hung around for brunch afterwards with Pilawt, did some shopping in Sedona, and got home.

It was a great experience, and hope yours is as great as ours.

Are we flying in the afternoon or morning?

We're out here having a lot of fun. More this morning. Can't wait!
49042733571_165ed48989_b.jpg

49042735371_ed51738b34_b.jpg

49042736386_1f283a04d7_b.jpg

That landscape makes the photos even better. Nice pics, Jack!

Jack, thank you for a wonderful flying experience. And thank you, @Rgbeard, for kicking me in the rear to get on board with this despite other distractions.

This 172 was my dad's beloved airplane, which he purchased in 1988. Yesterday, when these photographs were taken, was the eleventh anniversary of his passing. It's a fitting tribute to him. :)

Some photos from the other side of the camera:

(No, I didn't try to handle a camera while we were in formation. :eek: These are screen grabs from my GoPro mounted on the inside of the windshield.)

Last edited:
Jack, thank you for a wonderful flying experience. And thank you, @Rgbeard, for kicking me in the rear to get on board with this despite other distractions.

This 172 was my dad's beloved airplane, which he purchased in 1988. Yesterday, when these photographs were taken, was the eleventh anniversary of his passing. It's a fitting tribute to him. :)

Some photos from the other side of the camera:

(No, I didn't try to handle a camera while we were in formation. :eek: These are screen grabs from my GoPro mounted on the inside of the windshield.)

We had a blast Jeff and it was very nice to meet you.

I spent the night in Palm Springs, and after breakfast I'll be leaving for Cottonwood.

Gorgeous pictures, Jack! I can't wait.

Is there a wash rack or hose at KSEZ? After the flight into Prescott I think I killed every bug between here and SoCal.

Those pics are the best so far. The background is stunning, and the light is perfect. Wow.

All clean ready for tomorrow. Let me know when to meet ya at Sedona.
b135400cb879e90f5dd3e81e60b7a0c5.jpg
Looks great. How about we meet at Cottonwood around 6:45. We found a nice canyon nearby and we can follow it up to Sedona.

So great to see some folks I've actually met in these pics! Awesome shots of Al & Ted in the Supercub, and Ted & Tiffany in the 195! Soooo looking forward to seeing the Monocoupe in action.

A pleasure to meet all of you friendly people. Our shoot couldn't have gone any smoother. Don's flying was smooth and predictable, and your [Jack's] radio work/instructions made it easy to keep our planes in synch. I had some apprehension about the flight, but it really turned out to be a non-issue. In the past I've worked with a good number of high-maintenance, high-strung photographers, and you are neither...so I doubly appreciated your laid back (though highly professional) style!

So great to see some folks I've actually met in these pics! Awesome shots of Al & Ted in the Supercub, and Ted & Tiffany in the 195! Soooo looking forward to seeing the Monocoupe in action.

A pleasure to meet all of you friendly people. Our shoot couldn't have gone any smoother. Don's flying was smooth and predictable, and your [Jack's] radio work/instructions made it easy to keep our planes in synch. I had some apprehension about the flight, but it really turned out to be a non-issue. In the past I've worked with a good number of high-maintenance, high-strung photographers, and you are neither...so I doubly appreciated your laid back (though highly professional) style!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say HI.

Seems you met my wife, though, which means you met the vastly better 1/2 of us.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say HI.

Seems you met my wife, though, which means you met the vastly better 1/2 of us.

Haha!
Yes, chatted with her in the FBO. Sorry I missed you.

I’m just one more flight away from cottonwood... should be there this afternoon or early eve.
PM if anyone wants to meet up tonight somewheres... I can share pictures from the Death Valley Chicken Strip!
I’m in the beige 172 that’s covered in dust.

I expect Jack will post some before I even see them. ;)

They're having a well deserved dinner right now. When we got back to Cottonwood, Kath had arrived and was riding her folding bike around the ramp. Pretty cool bringing your own ground transportation along. Her shoot is tomorrow morning.

I expect Jack will post some before I even see them. ;)

They're having a well deserved dinner right now. When we got back to Cottonwood, Kath had arrived and was riding her folding bike around the ramp. Pretty cool bringing your own ground transportation along. Her shoot is tomorrow morning.
I’ll get some out by tomorrow for sure. You’re right, we’re out having a good meal. Great flying with you today. I can honestly say this trip has been more than I could have asked for or expected. Saw some old friends, made some new ones, and enjoyed a lot of great stories. I never thought this would be something I would do more than once, but it may be now!

Back