Air-to-air photography in the SF Bay Area

colojo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Colojo
I plan to fly my Mooney to the SF Bay Area for two weeks next month. I'd like to get some air-to-air shots around San Francisco and southern Marin county while I'm there. Can anyone recommend a good outfit for this? Googling brought up a lot of aerial photography outfits, but none that I saw had any air-to-air portfolios. Thanks.

I can recommend someone only based on their work and not actually knowing them.

You want someone to shoot you against the Golden Gate Bridge?

You'll need someone else to fly your plane, as it will require a formation flight.

We tried a 1/2 mile shot against Levi Stadium for SB50 in CAP, 'cause CAP doesn't allow formation flying. I suppose it might have gone better with better planning, but lining up and composing a shot from that distance is quite difficult. We made half a dozen attempts. They all sucked. I was right seat in the target aircraft.

You want someone to shoot you against the Golden Gate Bridge?

You'll need someone else to fly your plane, as it will require a formation flight.

I don't understand why he would need someone else to fly his plane. Does that mean he flys the photo ship?

I don't understand why he would need someone else to fly his plane. Does that mean he flys the photo ship?
Maybe right seat (in either aircraft), but it's not safe for an untrained pilot to fly formation.

Even trained guys have been killed here recently trying that photo.

I've flown plenty of formation. If the photo pilot has experience and all you're doing is taking pics you could cover everything needed in a pre-flight briefing. If anything have an experienced passenger to help out. Getting close enough to take good pics isn't that hard, nor does it require you do to anything more than fly straight. Let the camera plane do the hard work.

Back