Air-to-Air Meyer Little Toot

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
If you follow aviation photography, you've heard of Glenn Watson of MachPointOneAviation. He's an incredible photographer and one of the few that I will say really inspired me to get into the field. He lives near me and recently asked me if I was interested in trading photo shoots. Neither of us ever get photos of ourselves, and we don't know what it's like to be on the dangerous end of the camera! I can say we both came away with a new respect for what we put you through during a shoot. Here are the pics he took of me.

45130389175_770e05737e_b.jpg

45317769354_f5a7e76b22_b.jpg

45317768894_7f0e412477_b.jpg

45130386515_4ef66feb6e_b.jpg

46042216661_26296f1110_b.jpg
45317763654_9677205b62_b.jpg

46042214811_9993211bd8_b.jpg

45317762834_3246888be9_b.jpg

45317761094_6d92a59a9c_b.jpg

Man, that's a little airplane! Do you have to get out to change your mind? Do you have a ground crew that turns it upside down to shake you out when you land?

<jk> :D
There is no moving once you’re in for sure!

I can't quit looking at these photos! It was fun being the subject for once.

I learned a lot from this shoot. I had no idea how long we were in the air. It was extremely exhausting, both physically and mentally.

I've flown a lot of formation, so that wasn't an issue, but circling and watching nothing but the photo plane for so long was stressing. When we were done, they asked me if I knew where I was and how to get back to the airport. I had to look around for a minute to figure it out, but I'm familiar with the area. In the future, I'll think about how disoriented someone could be. I will tell you that during the shoot, I would occasionally see the lake out of my peripheral vision, but other than that I had no idea where I was at.

The other thing I learned was how difficult it can be to get into position. I fly a lot of aerobatics and will say I have pretty good control of my plane. When he asked me to point the nose at him, it took me a couple of tries. Getting the nose turned in without running into him took some thought! Right wing down, left rudder in, and hold... easy enough without another plane next to you!

Anyway, lots of fun and good experience I'll carry with me when taking photos of you guys!

Awesome photos....

And there is something magical about those Toot's. I have met two Toot owners up here, and whenever they talk about the aircraft, they cannot help but get a big grin on their face or reign in the passion to fly them.

Awesome photos....

And there is something magical about those Toot's. I have met two Toot owners up here, and whenever they talk about the aircraft, they cannot help but get a big grin on their face or reign in the passion to fly them.
It's pretty impressive. I've flown quite a few biplanes. This one you can taxi without doing S-turns, see over the nose when landing, etc. It's also go a fairly quick roll rate, it's +-10Gs, and you can land it fairly slow. Some owners say they come in at 65mph, but I prefer to come over the fence at 100mph. Being a biplane, it bleeds off the speed very quickly. It does leave a smile on your face!

Unfortunately, I'll be selling mine fairly soon. It was a dream to own one, but now I need to get realistic and get a photo plane!

Awesome photos and a beautiful plane!

We’ve got the same “hairstyle”, so the first three pics I can my friends it’s me. :)

I was going to make a joke about blurry pictures, but those are too awesome to make fun of!

Back