Air-to-Air Cherokee Six

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
Had a good time flying with Luke and his son John Thomas yesterday. I think John Thomas had fun too!

More of that African dust...
48222920647_94954078cc_b.jpg

48222857946_cfd9721bd9_b.jpg

48222912042_715f3789f1_b.jpg

48222855366_c88446ef5a_b.jpg

48222904762_55a63c5323_b.jpg

48222839416_d17c9eae4e_b.jpg

48222834621_45c2ce2b4e_b.jpg

Pilots, please wash you bellies!
48222880882_cf34e3c74b_b.jpg

48222897511_72bb197e9a_b.jpg

I hope that young lad won't be haunted by a certain frightfully witty song from Part VI of The Meaning of Life.

More good photos from you Jack! Good job!

Something about the fitment of that door. In the pictures it seemed not closed all the way; probably just the way the light hit it or something. Jack its okay if you use the words "not very glamorous" on this one. ;)

Something about the fitment of that door. In the pictures it seemed not closed all the way; probably just the way the light hit it or something. Jack its okay if you use the words "not very glamorous" on this one. ;)
Lol, he calls it a workhorse.

clean your belly.....o_O
You’d be surprised how many people don’t clean their planes at all, much less when it’s going to be on the cover of a magazine!

Jack: Totally studly capture of this misconstrued bird, it's proud pilot, and beloved copilot.

you could have been more gentle with the belly shot.
It was faster than the 182 photo ship I’m using. I’m seriously thinking about buying one. I can remove the rear doors for photos!

As far as the belly, I shoot ‘em like I see ‘em!

As usual, great shots of an airplane that looks like it's had some use in its life.

If you ever come to SA I'll ask you to photograph my bird. But I'll definitely clean it before....

Really!
It takes me like 5 minutes to crawl under my planes and clean the belly..... I wouldn't fly a dirty plane, it just looks trashy and makes the pilot look very lazy!
Yeah - this guy obviously isn’t a serious pilot... Who wants to spend 2-4 hours a week under the belly!? J/K but in seriousness if you fly a workhorse enough it gets hard to keep up.

clean your belly.....o_O

I agree. Jack needs to up his standards, as to which aircraft he photographs . To the owner, a little soap and degreaser goes a long way, especially before a phot flight.

Seriously, beautiful shots, wish I could have Jack photo my bird.

Really!
It takes me like 5 minutes to crawl under my planes and clean the belly..... I wouldn't fly a dirty plane, it just looks trashy and makes the pilot look very lazy!

5 minutes, if the belly was cleaned and waxed the day before maybe.... and it's a very small plane. I know planes are different, but my reaction to seeing a pristine gleaming expensive pickup truck isn't "Now, THERE'S a dude who knows how to take care of a truck," but more like "poser.... if you're not going to USE it, what are you doing with a truck?" As far as planes go, maybe the pilot's not lazy... just too busy flying and working to prioritize a gleaming underbelly higher in his/her life. Yes, it's better for the plane to keep it clean.. no argument. You'd hate my plane. I'll try and do better.

I keep a creeper under the plane....it gets wiped down every couple flights....It takes but a few minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_3362.JPG
    IMG_3362.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 39
Wow, this turned into the 'clean your belly' thread! It's simple, if you don't want a dirty belly showing up in photos, clean it! If you don't care, leave it dirty. I've had everything from guys who cleaned and waxed their airplanes to guys who have never cleaned their planes. I get paid the same and the magazine says they don't mind showing a plane that doesn't look sparkling and new. I have limited time to find and shoot these planes, so I'm not that picky.

As usual, great shots of an airplane that looks like it's had some use in its life.

If you ever come to SA I'll ask you to photograph my bird. But I'll definitely clean it before....
LMAO. I looked at your comment and thought, I'm in San Antonio all the time... we can make that happen. Then I looked at your location! I'm not in South Africa very often!

After seeing the pics, I was tempted to mention the belly but, all you folks saved me the trouble. Thanx. BTW, I have found a few more knots when it’s been cleaned and waxed. Just saying

Its really common for the pilots I've met and worked on their planes to pay attention to the top side and ignore the belly. I spent a LOT of time on a creeper under my plane removing all the smutz after I bought it. Once it is clean, its easy to keep it that way. Like someone else said, takes 5 minutes or so. Then again, I've met several pilots who use all the bug splotches as a protective coating.

I had a little help cleaning the Lance belly tonight.

3d01a767216a21d94c1a950a83f3c1f6.jpg

Would love to see more detailed articles/magazines like that of your work on other planes.

Would love to see more detailed articles/magazines like that of your work on other planes.
A lot of planes I shoot are for individuals.
Then I shoot for Cessna Owner and Piper Owner. They write the stories and the owners get to write about themselves or their planes.
I also work for EAA as a volunteer at OSH, and sometimes as a contractor throughout the year. Most of the time, their writers write the stories. I'm writing a story about a gyroplane that one a Gold Lindy now though. Occasionally they talk me into writing!

Seriously? Why all the crying about the dirty belly? There are better memories to be made flying with your kids.

Last edited:
Back