Air Force Combat Controller Movie

Kinda paints a bad picture of the SEALs but pretty sure they didn’t think he was still alive.

MH-47 blades and other various pieces are still at that LZ. At least there was 8 years ago.

Kinda paints a bad picture of the SEALs but pretty sure they didn’t think he was still alive.

MH-47 blades and other various pieces are still at that LZ. At least there was 8 years ago.

Man read the Newsweek article and it's near shocking the lengths the Navy and SEALs went trying to prevent awarding him the MOH. Mistakes happen in war, but from the article it's obvious the Navy didn't want to allow anything tarnishing the SEAL image.

Man read the Newsweek article and it's near shocking the lengths the Navy and SEALs went trying to prevent awarding him the MOH. Mistakes happen in war, but from the article it's obvious the Navy didn't want to allow anything tarnishing the SEAL image.

Yeah and I hate how they go to lengths to protect an image of perfection if you will. Accidents happen in battle and most times negligence isn’t the reason.

I took part in Op Enterprise leading up to the SEAL rescue attempt of Linda Norgrove. During the rescue she was killed by fragments of a grenade thrown by a SEAL. They tried to cover up the issue and say it was a bomb vest that went off. Several SEALs got in trouble over that one. Just own up to it and say, **** happens in war. Especially when you’re in a fire fight trying to rescue a civilian that has no idea how to react to that chaos. I respect the courage of these aid workers that go to combat zones but they really are rolling the dice with their lives by going there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Linda_Norgrove

Air Force isn't blaming the SEALs nor the team leader for what happened. But they want their man recognized and the Navy is trying to block it to protect the SEAL image and reputation.

They're all heroes in my book, regardless of unit or service branch.

Now that the seal team leader,recieved the MOH,the controversy gets a new life.

If the accounts of the actions of the two men are accurate, my opinion is that Chapman is more deserving of the MOH than Slabinski. I pass no judgment on the SEALs for leaving Chapman behind but he appears to have been the bravest man on the mountain that day and he paid the ultimate sacrifice for his bravery. Of course the SEAL mystique plus having a live person for POTUS’s photo op probably had some influence on it.

Back