Ahhh really?

bnt83

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
If you're out enjoying the bitter cold, pay attention to that ignition switch.

Mine has enough drag with the bitter cold temps that it WON'T spring back by itself from the "START" position, IOW I can move it to start and it will stay there by itself. You may not catch it to till you do the magneto preflight checks so the whole time the starter would be engaged.

I may need to install an idiot light that illumines when there is power on the starter someday when I'm bored.

If you're out enjoying the bitter cold, pay attention to that ignition switch.

Mine has enough drag with the bitter cold temps that it WON'T spring back by itself from the "START" position, IOW I can move it to start and it will stay there by itself. You may not catch it to till you do the magneto preflight checks so the whole time the starter would be engaged.

I may need to install an idiot light that illumines when there is power on the starter someday when I'm bored.
Or it might mean the switch needs to either be cleaned and properly lubricated or replaced.

Or it might mean the switch needs to either be cleaned and properly lubricated or replaced.

That and the idiot light is nice because if wired up correctly it would alert a pilot to a sticking contactor as well.

Back