Aerovie

PilotMedic865

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
PilotMedic865
Can’t seem to find a whole lot of Pireps on Aerovie. Anyone here using it? How to you like it? How does it compare to other EFBs? It seems too new and not a lot of info on it, but has a lot of the same features of FF for $70/year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent app. But try it. Most likes and dislikes about an efb are about whether one finds the user interface "intuitive", a completely subjective evaluation.

Full disclosure - I am good friends with the guy behind Aerovie but I think it is a terrific app. I think it is especially useful for pre-flight WX planning (and I even played a small part in developing the horizontal weather depiction tool). As I said, I have some bias but even so, I use it all the time and I pay for my subscription every year, even though Bryan has offered it to me for free.

My Foreflight subscription is only $10 more a year.

But what features are you not using? Synthetic vision and aero maps spike the price, and are included in Aerovie

But what features are you not using? Synthetic vision and aero maps spike the price, and are included in Aerovie

I use it for flight planning, preflight weather briefing and in flight navigation. It functions with my Stratus receiver to give me ADSB weather radar and traffic. Seems like an awful lot for the coin.

I use it for flight planning, preflight weather briefing and in flight navigation. It functions with my Stratus receiver to give me ADSB weather radar and traffic. Seems like an awful lot for the coin.

Stratus connectivity is coming to Aerovie.

I have been using it for a couple of years and love it. May not be as flashy as FF but it provides me everything I need at an affordable price. The horizontal weather depiction is fantastic and I think the ability to file a PIREP is a great idea that I have used a couple of times. As a Stratux user the ability to update the software through the app is also very useful. Hopefully that doesn't go away now that they are owned by Apparo.

Back