Aerovie

mapasha

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
N1915W
Anyone on here use Aerovie EFB? My FF subscription is coming up for renewal and even though I like FF, I don't like the price constantly inching up. Thought about Garmin Pilot but didn't like the fact that it would only work with the GDL series for ADSB. I have a Stratus and a Stratux.

Came across Aerovie and I really like it. I especially like the $69.99 per year. I have been able to get around it ok with only a few hours of use. Looking for pireps from other users. Something I may not have come across or used that may be a deal breaker. I did notice the FBO info is minimal (like car rental, etc) which is not a big concern to me. Any others???

Thanks,
Pasha

Aerovie is one of a number of EFB apps I'm pretty familiar with. I agree with you it's pretty good and has a good set of features. It is quickly becoming my "go to" for weather planning because of that great vertical picture of the weather and the ability to show that weather picture based on the route and time of flight. Plus, the developer seems very dedicated to the app and responsive to customer input.

It is not my primary EFB (ForeFlight still is) but that's personal preference on flow and feature after 6 years using it, especially for IFR. But, FWIW, I think it's an excellent offering.

I too have been very iimpressed with the weather tools in Aerovie. I am pretty sure I am going to purchase a subscription.

I can always purchase FF later if I decide I don't want Aerovie as my primary flight planning tool.

I did notice that there is no tool to save routes for future use as in FF.

Anyone on here use Aerovie EFB? My FF subscription is coming up for renewal and even though I like FF, I don't like the price constantly inching up. Thought about Garmin Pilot but didn't like the fact that it would only work with the GDL series for ADSB. I have a Stratus and a Stratux.

Came across Aerovie and I really like it. I especially like the $69.99 per year. I have been able to get around it ok with only a few hours of use. Looking for pireps from other users. Something I may not have come across or used that may be a deal breaker. I did notice the FBO info is minimal (like car rental, etc) which is not a big concern to me. Any others???

Thanks,
Pasha

Aerovie is a great app. I use it often and the weather far exceeds the others

My wife likes to come up with trip ideas and she will throw that destination in a saved route. Obviously I do detail flight planning before the actual trip but that feature makes a great place holder for possible trips that we want to take. I have over a dozen spanning the country right now and we will go through them based on weather, events, etc.

I used it today actually and liked it a lot. I did notice it used about double the battery life as FltPlan go, but still made it 2.5 hours on about 50%.

I'll have to keep monkeying with it but I really like navlog printouts and stored flights in fltplan go. Same with all the extras like weight and balance, and runway xwind components, etc. Does Aerovie have a way to store multiple flights that I'm not seeing?

Back