Advanced Aircraft Block of Hours Companies

USAF-LT-G

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
USAF-LT-G
Not 100% certain this is the correct sub-forum to post this. A while back (like 5 years ago or so) I remember a few companies out there (one of them even contacted me at one point) that would offer pilots with more logged hours the ability to buy blocks of hours on more advanced aircraft (Twins, and even a few light jet) for a portion of the year and they would drop the aircraft off at your local airport or major airport, give training if it required a type rating, and then you could fly it yourself for your block of time. However, now I can’t find any of these out there. The only thing I can find is the net jets type of stuff where you’re buying into a private airline with pilots and crew supplied.

Anyone seen or know what I’m talking about?

I would hazard a guess that given the crush flight schools are seeing, the scarcity of aircraft, and Covid whatnot you probably won’t find such concierge service these days. Plane prices have doubled, rental rates are up, and it’s harder to find planes to rent.

I dry lease blocks of 50 hours in the Citation Mustang (C510) through Aero City Jets

They also have an M2 and a CJ3 but I am not typed on the C525. There are 3-5 Mustangs in the program that are split in base between NorCal and SoCal with most of them up here in the SF Bay Area. Availability has been pretty good so far and I have not had any issues with taking planes for weeklong trips across the country.

Back