ADS-B question

I copied and pasted the relevant sentence from 91.215 and he still doesn't understand it, I don't think reviewing it yet again will help.

I understand it. Its 2021 and we just mandated everyone install a 'here I am' beacon above and beyond a transponder.

See and avoid? So you're telling me there are no mid air collisions on final because everyone is seeing everyone else?

I don't care what your 1940's era AC was built with.

Even the NTSB is calling BS on the FAA's see and avoid crap:

The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable cause of this accident was (1) the inherent limitations of the see-and-avoid concept, which made it difficult for the airplane pilot to see the helicopter until the final seconds before the collision

WASHINGTON (April 20, 2021) — A midair collision of two air tour airplanes was caused by “the inherent limitations of the see-and-avoid concept" along with the absence of alerts from both airplanes' traffic display systems, the National Transportation Safety Board announced during a public meeting Tuesday.

The FAA wil mandate a $4k new crank to protect Lycoming from lawsuits, but won't mandate all AC install and use radio's... for reasons.

I understand it. Its 2021 and we just mandated everyone install a 'here I am' beacon above and beyond a transponder.

The equipage mandate is an airspace mandate, it is incorrect to state "we just mandated everyone to install ..." . There is no mandate to install either a transponder or ADS-B Out system as long as you remain outside of the airspace that mandates it (A, B, C, Mode C veil, E above 10000, etc.).

Its 2021 and we just mandated everyone install a 'here I am' beacon above and beyond a transponder.
The equipage mandate is an airspace mandate, it is incorrect to state "we just mandated everyone to install ..." . There is no mandate to install either a transponder or ADS-B Out system as long as you remain outside of the airspace that mandates it (A, B, C, Mode C veil, E above 10000, etc.).
Or have a no-electric ride. Then you can fly under the Mode C ring of death all you want with no transponder / ADS-B.
91-215 (b) (3) 91-225 (e)

I understand everything posted.

Why there are still Luddites that are insisting that is 'more safe' to allow non-radio equipped AC is the mind boggling part. I guess when you don't have a coherent thought, just google something and throw it randomly into the mix. That or understanding the topic of a discussion is a skill not yet mastered?

I just quoted two (and trust me, just about every NTSB report involving collisions) reports that specifically called out the BS 'see and avoid' practice does not work.

Please explain your position that 'well, the FARs say' when its demonstrated every day that the FARs are garbage. Can you hear my eyes roll when you tell me you read every NOTAM.. sure you do.

Nothing the Luddites have posted gives any weight to the 'see and avoid' BS. If the FAA can mandate that you can't fly without a new crank, then they can certainly do it for a radio.

I will say that I am not interested in ASD-B since I will mostly fly in areas outside the required air space, but I will have a radio. Two, in fact, plus a Stratux receiver, and flight following. Flight following does squat in the pattern as does ADS-B.

Ironic that a guy goes off about no radios but then proclaims he won’t use ADS-B. It’s essentially the same thing. If all airplanes had ADS-B avoiding other airplanes would be easy. The science is awesome. The implementation was bad. Too many exemptions render the system pretty worthless for collision avoidance.

I understand everything posted.

I will say that I am not interested in ASD-B since I will mostly fly in areas outside the required air space, but I will have a radio. Two, in fact, plus a Stratux receiver, and flight following. Flight following does squat in the pattern as does ADS-B.

ADS-B in the pattern is a big plus. It lets me know exactly where the planes are as I enter the pattern because it is not always possible to get a visual.

"See and avoid" does in fact work if you 1. See and 2. Avoid.

Midair collisions occur when both of these steps are skipped, or at least number 2.

Back