ADHD Med Express

kwbear

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
KBurr
I'm the idiot who put on my form back when I was 6, I was prescribed medication but haven't taken it in ages. My AME was a total ass, so that didn't help. If I let my deferral go, and just resubmit a medexpress form, what are the chances they will catch on? Is there are system in place that links a deferral to my social?

Last edited:
Uhhhh....
nope-not-touching.jpg

#1 Do not creeate a new medXpress form, leaving off the old med. That's a Federal form. Lots of potential problems.
#2 Since you've already submitted one form, and was deferred, it's in the system. The report never goes away.
#3 Inconvenience is merely a trivial annoyance if you are serious about wanting to fly.
#4 Others will add more details. Read, believe, don't try to cut corners.

#1 Do not creeate a new medXpress form, leaving off the old med. That's a Federal form. Lots of potential problems.
#2 Since you've already submitted one form, and was deferred, it's in the system. The report never goes away.
#3 Inconvenience is merely a trivial annoyance if you are serious about wanting to fly.
#4 Others will add more details. Read, believe, don't try to cut corners.

I, filled out the form truthfully and will continue truthfully, just wanted to see if there was a flip side to this. Ive logged 30 hours and am waiting to solo haha, I shouldn't have spent $9,000 already before being an alter boy I guess. I understand and thank you for the confidence in just waiting. I am missing out on a job selction process which requires my class II and private pilots license. It sucks because I would have been done in 2 weeks!

Just do a search for “Operation Safe Pilot” and you’ll see that this a bad idea. Don’t have the threat of bracelets that connect hanging over your head!

Not even an option. In fact, you'd have to also lie and say you didn't previously apply and find an AME that might not know you're lying, and it still wouldn't work because the computer will rat you out anyhow.

Even if you had just omitted the medication on the medexpress (there's no obligation to report medicine you are no longer taking), the AME/FAA would have asked for the medication history because you mentioned ADHD as you were obliged to and you would have been obliged to answer that question.

I, filled out the form truthfully and will continue truthfully, just wanted to see if there was a flip side to this. Ive logged 30 hours and am waiting to solo haha, I shouldn't have spent $9,000 already before being an alter boy I guess. I understand and thank you for the confidence in just waiting. I am missing out on a job selction process which requires my class II and private pilots license. It sucks because I would have been done in 2 weeks!

What sort of job are you applying for that require a PP and a Second Class?

Not even an option. In fact, you'd have to also lie and say you didn't previously apply and find an AME that might not know you're lying, and it still wouldn't work because the computer will rat you out anyhow.

Even if you had just omitted the medication on the medexpress (there's no obligation to report medicine you are no longer taking), the AME/FAA would have asked for the medication history because you mentioned ADHD as you were obliged to and you would have been obliged to answer that question.

Understood, and thank you for being very responsive to this matter, I stumbled upon the forum by chance, and I’m glad I did. If you’d all like to follow along I’ll post every time I complete a step once i receive the deferred letter from the FAA.

I’d rather not get into the particulars, it’s a state job.
If it has something to do with LEO, you'd be well-advised not to ever get caught out in lying on government forms.

If it has something to do with LEO, you'd be well-advised not to ever get caught out in lying on government forms.
Exactly why I didn’t lie in the first place but I’m inquisitive to scenarios. I just wanted to rule out every option I could come up with. My AME really wasn’t good at answering my questions during the Exam. Again thank you all for easing my frustrations,

You're asking if you can lie and get away with it. I'm half tempted to tell you to go for it and let us know how it goes. But while I won't help someone lie, I won't try to hurt a fool either.

Any time someone asks me for advice on how to start flying, I tell them to get their medical first, and if they want to fly for a living someday, to get their 1st class. A lot of money and heartache can be saved that way.

You're asking if you can lie and get away with it. I'm half tempted to tell you to go for it and let us know how it goes. But while I won't help someone lie, I won't try to hurt a fool either.
It's not clear to me exactly what happened or what's been disclosed, but all I got for sure from the OP is that he listed a medication he hasn't taken in years. Leaving that off wouldn't be lying; in fact it would be the correct thing to do since the form doesn't ask anywhere for medications you're not taking. That ship has sailed though.

......the problem is question 18M and ADD/ADHD is now mentioned in the "pull down menu" I am told.

Ten years ago, the examiners had the authority for example, if a candidate had ADD meds in high school, demonstrated that they did college creditably (transcriptsm say As and Bs in engineering) without the meds, went into a STEM field, successfully and without break from college, and could show advancement- we could get agreement without the neurocog. testing, that that was incompatible with significant neurocognitive processing deficits. But that was a loonnng time ago.

......the problem is question 18M and ADD/ADHD is now mentioned in the "pull down menu" I am told.

Ten years ago, the examiners had the authority for example, if a candidate had ADD meds in high school, demonstrated that they did college creditably (transcriptsm say As and Bs in engineering) without the meds, went into a STEM field, successfully and without break from college, and could show advancement- we could get agreement without the neurocog. testing, that that was incompatible with significant neurocognitive processing deficits. But that was a loonnng time ago.

Wouldn’t that result in a diagnosis of Chronic Engineering Personality Disorder? Is an SI available for that?

It's not clear to me exactly what happened or what's been disclosed, but all I got for sure from the OP is that he listed a medication he hasn't taken in years. Leaving that off wouldn't be lying; in fact it would be the correct thing to do since the form doesn't ask anywhere for medications you're not taking. That ship has sailed though.
So I listed that I have a prescription for concerta. Which I haven’t physically taken in years, I had my doctor change the take once a day to as needed, which I noted on the FAA application, I was told if I ever gave up the script I would have to go thorough additional testing and out of pocket expenses if I ever felt that I needed it so it was easier to have my dock, write a new script very few months.
As much as this sounds ridiculous it’s what i did from age 18 (I’m now 36).
The doctor walked into the room and said “ so concerta, so you have adhd I have to defer you. I explained to him that I haven’t taken it in years. He wasn’t understanding, I asked him to just edit the form which he would not do either, and lied saying he couldn’t edit a form.
I already scheduled a Faa neuropsychologist for January. He said worse case scenario which is more than likely, I’ll have to go through the exam anyways so might as well get it done and submit his favorable findings once I get my letter from the faa. Thanks again for info everyone. I hope to share a successful story with you all in the next year.

Sorry all for not updating, but I passed my CogFit testing and received my class II medical certificate after submitting all my Supporting evidence. What a joke of a process and waste of money.
Kwbear - How long from when you submitted the last pack to the FAA to your issuance? Congrats!

Kwbear - How long from when you submitted the last pack to the FAA to your issuance? Congrats!
Took about 6 weeks. Also a little cheat code when calling with status update is to call the medical number and at the prompts do the prompt for physicians it goes to the same place but with call preference.

Took about 6 weeks. Also a little cheat code when calling with status update is to call the medical number and at the prompts do the prompt for physicians it goes to the same place but with call preference.

We’ll until after you have the job lol

I have met more chronic lying police than salesmen, not sure what it is about that profession

The ADD thing, not sure what worse the doctors who want to get kids on drugs, or the parents to go along with it, at least the docs are getting paid and going to lunch with hot drug reps, the parents I don’t see the excuse other than they are lazy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back