Address Change

Beat

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Beat
Is this typical? I have moved multiple times since I earned my Commercial license. I've alerted the FAA each time and they have on record my current correct address. But my physical license still has the old address from years ago. Is it worth it to get a new license with my current address? And if so, is it cumbersome?

It’s not necessary to get a new license. I wouldn’t bother paying the fee just for them to print out a new license with your correct address. If you get a new rating, your new plastic will have your current address.

My certificate has an address on it that I haven't lived at for at least 20 years.

As long as the FAA has the correct address on file then they are happy.

Yep, as long as they have your address on file so they know where to send the violation letters to, they don't care what you have in your pocket.

Actually, if you do anything substantive (other than the address change) you can get a free one. When I got my DC-3 clearance (I was based at VKX so I was in the initial tranche), they noticed my hair color was different on my medical and my pilot certificate. They didn't care which one I got fixed, and it was easier to pop into the Dulles FSDO and get a new one.

FWIW, I had a couple of instances where I was questioned (not by the FAA) as to why the address didn’t match other ID. $2 was worth paying.

e5ca70ee1bfede9750283f31d6a33398.jpg

Is this typical? I have moved multiple times since I earned my Commercial license. I've alerted the FAA each time and they have on record my current correct address. But my physical license still has the old address from years ago. Is it worth it to get a new license with my current address? And if so, is it cumbersome?
I wouldn't think so. It's not something you show when someone says......

upload_2022-11-7_15-40-49.jpeg

When I first started traveling to South America for business, I built a couple of fake wallets as decoys / honeypots. In the event I was robbed/kidnapped, the idea was to give them that (along with a burner phone). As I was building each decoy wallet, I used a McLovin ID (which you can buy on Amazon) as the primary identification.

When I first started traveling to South America for business, I built a couple of fake wallets as decoys / honeypots. In the event I was robbed/kidnapped, the idea was to give them that (along with a burner phone).
We just wished our red passports tasted better.

Nauga,
and an awkward paper cut

Who was asking?

Customs when I was returning back to the US on an airline flight through Boston. Clearly I had been flagged for something as they went through everything I was bringing back including everything in my pockets. Funny thing was that I was an airline pilot at a supplemental carrier at the time so I was constantly positioning to/from the YS.

The second time was a local sheriff when I did a late night arrival into a GA airport. He was “concerned” about why I was walking the ramp late at night.

Back