Addison This Week?

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
To Addison area POAers: Will any of you be around this week? I'll be at a customer's in that area Tuesday and Wednesday. It seems most of the hotels are near KADS, and I'll be staying at one of em. It would be fun to have dinner or at least a beer if any of you are around and have the time.

To Addison area POAers: Will any of you be around this week? I'll be at a customer's in that area Tuesday and Wednesday. It seems most of the hotels are near KADS, and I'll be staying at one of em. It would be fun to have dinner or at least a beer if any of you are around and have the time.

Lance:

I should be hear; leaving Wednesday. Yes, Addison has a bunch of hotels and over 100 restaurants within a couple miles. We can do just about any style of food the group would like. I do have a family thing pending that could affect things, but right now, it looks fine. Troy and Spike are close. If we did Tuesday, we could fly somewhere in the Baron if we like. Thursday and Friday I'm gone.

Let me know if I can help with anything and when things work for you.

Best,

Dave

Sign me up, I'm in town.

I'll join you for a beer after work! Just have Spike let me know when and where; he's got my cell.

Troy and Spike are close. If we did Tuesday, we could fly somewhere in the Baron if we like.

I REALLY like the way you think, Dave. I have never ridden in a twin, yet; with both you and Lance around, the opportunity presents itself!! :) And I'll buy your beer afterwards!

This is good news for me. Too often on out of town trips you end up alone in the evenings. Tuesday would be great. I'd love to see your Baron Dave. Obvously it would be great to have a flight too, but if there's a group it might be better to stay locally.
I'll book a hotel tomorrow. It'll be one of the ones on the south side of ADS. I'm open for ideas on the cusine choice.
I'm not sure if I'll be coming via Delta or Mooney. Depends on one MX issue with my plane. If I do fly, I'll be going into Arlington because of something I have to do later in the week.
I'm looking forward to this!

I'm at the Comfort Suites North 4555 Beltline Rd. I could meet up with any interested parties anytime after about 6:30PM tomorrow (Tuesday) night. Mooney's broke...gotta fly Delta :(

There's a great Bar-B-Que place about 30 minute flight from Addison called the Hard Eight. I suggest we link up and hop over. We can pick up Troy on the way or meet him here.

Dave

What time are you thinking of, Dave? I get off work about 4:30pm, could be at Addison by 5... I'll PM my cell number to you. I might not get to check here again, so let me know!! KSEP with Hard8 BBQ sounds great.

Great to see you folks last night! Hoped you enjoyed the Hard Eight and the ride over and back. We don't always get direct over D/FW at 3,500 and 4,000 feet! Who has the pics <g>?

Best,

Dave

Troy has a raft of 'em, and if I *ever* get the chance, I'll download what I have.

Sure was good to see Lance, eat good bar-b-q, and engage in a little prime "pilot geeking." I had the chance to observe last night, and I repeat it now: I have met some of the best people I know through flying (in general), and the board (in particular).

But I still say: if my wife ever rides in that plane of yours, my dreams of ownership will go up in smoke, absent a major budget-expanding event.

Great to see you folks last night! Hoped you enjoyed the Hard Eight and the ride over and back. We don't always get direct over D/FW at 3,500 and 4,000 feet! Who has the pics <g>?

Dave,

I have to thank you for a number of aviation "firsts" for me last night:

• First flight into or out of Addison
  • First ride in a GA twin
  • First ride in a Beech
  • First time meeting Lance
  • First time riding facing backwards in a club configuration

I'm sure there's more, but that'll do for a start. I concur with Spike's observations about the people we meet through aviation in general and this board in particular.

I'll get some pics (and video!) posted tonight.

Here a couple -o - pics.

Attachments

• DSCN4276.JPG
    DSCN4276.JPG
    728.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN4278.JPG
    DSCN4278.JPG
    673.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN4282.JPG
    DSCN4282.JPG
    565.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN4283.JPG
    DSCN4283.JPG
    577 KB · Views: 21
Great pics guys! Troy, you really outdid yourself! Those are great pics, thanks!!

I'll be off board for a few days; gotta go skiing and broke my laptop <shrug> New ones on the way, but not here yet. I'll try to check in from Colorado.

Best,

Dave

Back